Anyone else bored now?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by SpaceMagic, Apr 19, 2005.

1. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Where are the updates. What self respecting PC user is going to switch to a platform which doesn't update their computers. I'm bored waiting now. Apple my be messing with ThinkSecret but they're also messing with their shares. The only macs people are buying at the moment are Mac minis and PowerBooks (but even those, people are holding off for g5.)

Apple hurry up. Otherwise i'll start thinking "look how far behind apple are". I don't think there's a Dell which has been on the market for 371 days (c.f. the eMac).

Just my rant.

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Not so much bored as curious as to what Apple has in store for us. They may be delaying introducing new PMs to give more coverage to their FCS offering.

3. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Well, Apple's sales do seem to be up, so it's not like Apple's really suffering. It would be nice to think, though, that with an impressive round of updates momentum could really pick up and start pushing Apple back into the mainstream.

4. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

I love it. :)

5. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I know what you mean, I wish Apple would release something to get us excited too. Something like a new OS, with loads of cool features, they could even give it a really trippy name like, "large orange stripy feline thing", man that would be so cool...:rolleyes:

6. starnox macrumors 6502

Software updates are just as important. Why use all the fireworks at once? Do you prefer long displays where you can take in the glory of each firework, or setting them all of at once and going well that was nice, but what now?

There is a reason why we aren't hearing everything, we have had Tiger & FCS in the last week or two. I would expect some more updates after the release of Tiger.

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

that's a classic!

Like mentioned above, right now is the time for Tiger and the FCP Studio...give it a week and you'll see new machines. Its a pain, and I know because I'm buying a new iMac when it comes out.

D

8. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

Yeah, the anticipation is killing me. I think just a couple more weeks though........... :rolleyes:

9. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

10. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

Just in time for Tiger's availability. :)

11. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

i'de like to see something new before september -- thats when i plan on purchasing a new powerbook -- would be nice for it to handle HD-DVD and Motion ... LOL

12. SpaceMagic thread starter macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Yeh! Wake up :p Ok, I take onboard your point, that I should be happy with Tiger etc etc. But I like dreaming about things I can't have, and when your life is a dream, how does one go on?

Apple, I implore you. Bring out a $500 amazing iBook and I'll kiss your b*tt :)

13. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

By your thread title, I thought you meant 'bored' in general.

I am really bored. 2.5 hours left of my work day. :(

Maybe I'll fish tonight.

14. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

"It's all about the software dummy"
    or so said by Steve Jobs.
    Without OS X, every mac is a dead donkey!
    For every copy of Tiger Apple sell, they are making a new computer, look at it that way!
    Wait till WWDC - i think we're in store for somthing (I can just sense it!) I recon a new G5 and a new eMac (unless apple have given up on the "e" market - which they might have done given the release of the Mini)

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That's exactly why I'm waiting and getting one pre installed with Tiger instead of dealing with upgrading after the fact...

D

16. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

E-N-N-U-I, E-N-N-U-I, E-N-N-U-I and Lamo was his namo...

17. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

Why do people piss and moan about Apple not upgrading computers when they're not even going to buy one. Are you buying an eMac? I doubt it. I just bought a new PowerBook and I don't plan on replacing it for 3-4 years. So, I don't give a damn what Apple does/doesn't release until I'm ready to buy again. SHUT UP!

18. SpaceMagic thread starter macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Just because you don't plan to upgrade, doesn't mean others don't. Plus, how does one know whether or not they are to upgrade if they have not seen what's on offer.

19. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Care to explain? :confused: :confused:

20. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

i totally agree with you, i made macrumors my homepage long ago, before i even started posting in the forums, just because i wanted to know what new mac stuff was here or would be coming relly soon, i'm very dissappointed at the moment

21. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

ennui = bored in french

22. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

It is also an English... many of our borrowed words from French:

Main Entry: en·nui
    Pronunciation: "än-'wE
    Function: noun
    Etymology: French, from Old French enui annoyance, from enuier to annoy -- more at ANNOY
    : a feeling of weariness and dissatisfaction : BOREDOM

I am not bored about Apple not releasing products... I'm just bored in general; but not annoyed.