Anyone else dissatisfied with nano colour options?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Mustafa, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Mustafa macrumors regular

I'd upgrade my wife's 4Gb mini to an 8Gb nano in a blink -- but she'd only want it in pink.

Why can't we have all three models in all the colours?

2. DaveP macrumors 6502

DaveP

I can see how they have the lowest model only in white to encourage spending the extra money for a nicer model. But I'm not sure why the top model is only black. It doesn't make much sense to me.

3. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Only thing I can think of is that they wanted to keep the same number of SKU's as before - they had 6 variations of the old Nano (white and black for 3 sizes), so they kept 6 variations for the new Nano.

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I wanted orange - proper bright orange like the old tangerine iMacs and iBooks, that sort of colour like "safety orange."

They just used the same old mini colours + black. Should've used tangerine, purple, sage (dark green) and the blue.

5. Mustafa thread starter macrumors regular

Why don't we all do what I've just done -- send in a feedback form to Apple?

6. abeyk macrumors regular

abeyk

We really should

7. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Bondi Blue?

I want a mf'n Blue Dalmatian nano.

8. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Orange would be an interesting addition, i could see that selling quite well. In fact that would probably be my second choice next to a blue one if i had to choose a color.

As for the disatisfaction, I personally wasn't a huge fan of the minis when they were out. Oddly enough, I now like the nanos in those colors, or at least in blue, green, and pink. The black and silver i'm not that fond of. Though the selection is limited based on price, i really quite understand why it's done, and since i would never be actually buying one for myself, i don't mind the limits and understand Apple's concerns for economics.

9. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I was planning to buy an 8GB nano as soon as they came out... but then it had to only came in black. Lame. I know there's a lot of other people like us... people who aren't going to buy more expensive products because of this stupid error on Apple's part.

I'm going to go ahead and send feedback like the guy mentioned above.

Daniel.

10. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

yea, I hate how they can't offer the high end model in all the colors. I understand making you upgrade to get a color (though I don't necessarily like that either), but not letting someone get all the options at the high end? what if I want an 8gb green nano? would apple rather I pay them less money to get green?

stupid...

11. trenzterra macrumors newbie

Perhaps Apple's idea was to make the 8GB version 'stand-out' from the others, so other people will go 'hey, that's an 8GB right?'

But more colour options would be good though.

12. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Here's the feedback I sent to Apple. Here is Apple's feedback form for the nano. If you want to see a change, just drop Apple a note. You don't have to write a novel like I did, just ask why the 8GB only comes in black. Anyways, here's the novel I sent them:

Daniel.