Anyone Else Exchanged their iPod touch for Classic? Click Wheel > touch

Discussion in 'iPod' started by bembol, Oct 20, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

Jul 29, 2006
    I guess that why Apple called it Classic because they truly are!

I had the iPod touch for a several days, it was amazing at first but it got annoying.

I had several issues but my main reason for exchanging it for the 80GB Classic? I missed the Click Wheel. The touch is too sensitive/difficult for me, especially when driving I had to take my eyes off the road. This was mainly on Movies.
  2. macrumors regular

Jul 17, 2007
    i almost got rid of my touch for a silver 160.

the thing looks amazing and can hold just about all my music and video's

...then i hacked my touch, and its rad, its basicaly my pocket computer now.

i just sync and swap very often.
  3. macrumors 6502

Jun 9, 2006
    Redlands, CA
    Wait... you watch movies while driving?
  4. macrumors 603

Oct 2, 2006
    The Land of Hope and Glory
    LOL, that has to be a great troll post or you are an idiot :). I prefer to think of it as a great troll post though.
  5. macrumors 68000

Dec 15, 2006
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I think that the click wheel, can be used without taking your iPod out your pocket, whilst multi-touch is extremely cool it doesn't have this convenience.
  6. macrumors 601

Jul 4, 2007
    Denver Colorado
    I had fully intended on buying a Touch but got a 160GB Classic instead to use in the car. I don't have to look at the iPod to skip a song or turn up the volume.

I've got 4712 songs, 71 videos, most of those are 45 minute TV shows, 4 music videos and still have 83GB left! It's truly amazing! :)

I use my Classic far more than I use the iPod on my iPhone which was the biggest reason I wanted the iphone!
  7. macrumors 68000

Apr 27, 2007
    Bristol, England
    Wow. Just wow.
  8. macrumors 601

Mar 8, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I have an iPhone and sorely miss the convenience of the click wheel. I wish that I had my old nano back for iPod functions I should have never sold it). The iPhone/touch are wonders to behold, but they are lacking in that one area.

EDIT: I am probably going to get a shuffle or nano just for the convenience of skipping/pausing/etc.
  9. macrumors regular

Aug 6, 2007
    I'm in the same boat here, thought it was really cool for about 2 weeks but i miss the click wheel.