Anyone else experiencing the Facebook app freezing or kicking you out?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Gaelinic, Feb 23, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2009
    So I just purchased my first iPhone. I notice that the Facbook app keeps asking me to relogin or kicks me out. Anyone else experiencing this?
  2. macrumors regular

Feb 15, 2011
    New Jersey
    Occasionally when I'm doing something the app will close. Maybe you should re-install it.
  3. macrumors regular

Feb 12, 2011
    Mine freezes sometimes. You have to close it out and restart it. Never get kicked out tho.
  4. macrumors regular

Dec 7, 2010
    Birmingham, England
    Happens to me sometimes, I kill the app and restart it and it works again fine. Never logs me out though.
  5. chr
    macrumors regular

Feb 11, 2011
    The Facebook app is well-recognized as being terrible, and yes, it randomly freezes and crashes and everything else.
  6. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    Mine has been crashing 3-4 times a day. Thought it was just me... :-(
  7. macrumors newbie

Feb 25, 2011
    Hello all I am new but I saw this post and thought I could help out so I registered. I just picked up an iPhone 4 I am an android fan but so far I am really impressed with this device apple just does hardware right!

Ok to the question at hand I had the same exact problem and this tip fixed it 100%

Uninstall the Facebook app from your phone.

Reboot your phone

Change your Facebook login password

Make sure new password works and log out of Facebook.

Download and install Facebook app back on your iPhone.

Login with username and new password.

That has completely fixed my Facebook app problem I hope it does the same for you as well no more force closes and it has been running fast and smooth for a week now. Hope this helps post back your results when you get a chance.
  8. macrumors 68000

Aug 29, 2007
    Developer land
    started doing this yesterday for me, seemed to be crashing when the internet connection wasn't available (connected but no bb).
  9. macrumors newbie

Oct 1, 2012
    Thanks Rackness, this issue was annoying the hell out of me and it now works thanks to your advice