anyone else find Lost magic hard??

Discussion in 'Games' started by Obsidian6, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

So i picked up Lost Magic the other day, and, it's ok i suppose, but it is pretty challenging i must admit! i'm having a helluva time trying to get past the first chapter lol!

the whole stylus spellcasting deal is pretty novel, yet for me it strikes one of the biggest challenges, because the better you draw the runes, the more powerful your spell, however, if you take too long youre gonna get womped on and probably killed.

does anyone else have this game? and if so, do you find it challenging? what type of spells do you prefer to use?

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Well, I'm stuck on *[spoilertext]beating the water mage the second time[/spoilertext], because I can't go anywhere to level up my water monsters. I have to use my earth ones, and they get owned by wind magic. :(

*Don't read this unless you've gone through the Ivory Tower already.

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I find that lost magic sucks:) .....played it once and never picked it back up.

Bless

4. Obsidian6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

yeah it was kind of an impulse buy. i regret not taking what was in my right hand.. ( caslevania: DS)

5. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

For anyone who wants a game that uses the Stylus for controls do yourself a favor and get either:

Metroid
    Trauma Center
    or Brain Age

I have all of these and they are superb. I tried Lost Magic but didn't like it for the reasons you stated. Stylus control is great but making the power of your spells dependent on how well you draw wasn't a good idea.

Trauma Center is hard too but very gratifying. I highly recommend it although there is alot of reading between surgeries. You can use the stylus to control Animal Crossing but it isn't required. I am eagerly awaiting Zelda Phantom Hourglass but can't recommend it until I take it for a spin...

6. Obsidian6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

does anyone know if you can return opened games to best buy?

i only bought it like 2 days ago and i have the reciept...

7. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

I doubt it unless you invest in a shrink wrap machine....The only thing to do is sell it on Ebay, Half.com or to a gamestore...

8. Obsidian6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

yep didn't happen lol.

i listed it on my available games on www.gametz.com maybe someone will trade me animal crossing :)

9. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

It does take a little while to get used to, but the runes get easier with time.

10. Obsidian6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

i guess i was just expecting a game more like golden sun, ya know? that was such a fantastic game on GBA.

it is unique thats for sure, but i think its just a little too challenging for me to enjoy it for any length of time.

when it comes to handhelds, im a very casual gamer, metroid prime is about as intense as it gets in my hands lol.