Anyone else find the new mail annoying?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sowlerrmgh, Jun 4, 2005.

1. sowlerrmgh macrumors member

Oct 26, 2004
    I find the tiger version of apple mail really annoying how when you press get mail it doesn't show you what it is doing. Can't they have a status bar???
  2. dubbz macrumors 68020

Sep 3, 2003
    Alta, Norway
    Lately, I've been having the Activity Viewer open at all times. It shows exactly what Mail is doing. You might want to try it. (Apple+0)
  3. jtt macrumors regular

Apr 10, 2005
    *Hand in the air*
    Is there a way to just double click to open a message instead of it opening the next one in the pane after you delete one?
  4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    Mail in Tiger gives no indication that it's sending my message when I send one...bring the status bar back, please, Apple?
  5. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    Could you clarify? Do you mean setting Mail to just close a message window when you delete the message?
  6. jtt macrumors regular

Apr 10, 2005
    I got it. i just double clicked the pane separater to make it one instead of two.
  7. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

Apr 19, 2005
    You can tell if a message is being sent or recieved. look at each account a rotating clock thing will appear on the right side of each account as they are being accessed. It's not a status bar but it does the job.

The only problem i see with Mail is that in 10.4.0 (i haven't upgraded to .1 yet) is that my smart mailboxes do not update until i select them... which is.. kinda pointless. so i have made a few but never use them due to that.