Anyone else getting Tiger TODAY?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by h0e0h, Apr 28, 2005.

1. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

I just checked my FedEX tracking number and it says that my copy of Tiger is on the truck for delivery today... It shipped from Tenn. yesterday the 27 and is out on delivery by 4:30 today the 28th. Anyone else in this same situation?

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Exact same situation here. Shipped yesterday from Cordova TN, FedEx tracking says on truck for delivery this morning!

3. h0e0h thread starter macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

mine's comin from that location too... to Monroe, Louisiana... be here by 4:30, that means i gotta go to office depot and buy an external HD

4. iGary Guest

iGary

Mine BETTER ship today. :rolleyes:

I have an entire weekend planned around three clean installs.

Pitiful, huh? :rolleyes: :D

5. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

Why not just do an archive and install?

6. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Mine shipped yesterday with an estimated delivery of April 29th by 4:30pm. It would be nice if I got it today, but it doesn't look like it...

7. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Where's the joy in that?! ;) :p

8. iGary Guest

iGary

I already have three archive and installs on most of my machines - want to do a fresh install. ;)

9. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

I definitely understand that as I am from the Windows world. I question whether or not it is really necessary though. All you have to do is delete the "Previous Systems" folder and you essentially have a clean install. Someone correct me if I am wrong though.

Oh, and I did get some kind of sick joy out of wiping my hard drive and clean installing. ;)

10. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

well, i was originally supposed to get Tiger today, according to Apple's order tracking. Last night however i received the email from Apple stating my shipment has been shipped, with FedEx. But, when i tracked it from FedEx's site it states i will not get it till tomorrow.

11. machan macrumors regular

My copy of Tiger arrived this morning (4-28) at 8:45am. My order was through Apple, which shipped from Tennessee last night. Since I had it sent to my parents', and because I'm swamped with freelance work, I won't get my hands on it til tomorrow when I head back for my mom and sister's birthdays (both this weekend).

12. Character Zero macrumors member

Mine is on the truck but stil shows a delivery date of 4/29. Can anyone confirm if there is any sign of special instructions NOT to deliver it today?

13. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Question: When you do an archive and install, does it clobber your Applications folder?

I suppose I could just drag the app's back in from my back up... Man I love that about OS X :D Yesterday I had to install a program on a Windows box and I watched in horror as it wrote EXE's and DLL's all over the freaking hard drive :eek:

14. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

Same here. My box got to Fort Lauderdale at 4am today, went to a "Destination Location", went on a vehicle for delivery... then "left fedex ramp"

They say it'll be delivered tomorrow, by 5:30, but I don't see any logical reason it wouldn't make it today.

15. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

16. h0e0h thread starter macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

Just returned from Walmart where I bought an External HD and i'm Partitioning it right now (which could take up to 60 years at this rate) and i'm getting my copy between noon and 3.

My only question is though, why would apple allow Tiger to get out a day early. Microsoft was so strict with HALO 2 I thought a new Mac OS would be about the same.

17. Zargot macrumors member

My copy is on the truck as well for delivery this afternoon... :D

18. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

Mine is shipping from Pennsylvania and won't be here (Upstate NY) until tomorrow. :( Mine only has to go a 100 miles or so from the warehouse to the nearest FedEx Station (Elmira, NY). Doesn't seem like that would take 2 days to do that.

Oh well... I've waited about 2 years for Tiger to arrive so whats another day. :D

19. Moongoggle macrumors newbie

20. djdawson macrumors member

djdawson

Ditto

21. aztecmusicman macrumors newbie

"package not due for delivery"

my tiger is in san diego at the fedex facility and is marked "package not due for deliver." anyone else have this? also, those who have received theirs already, was a signature required?

22. sanclemente macrumors newbie

Excuse the igrnorance

As someone new to the Mac world, why would someone want to do an archive and install versus just letting the OS upgrade? Is it purely to secure the data incase something doesn't go well during upgrade or is there something I'm missing? More to the point, why would you do three archive and installs?

23. NevadaJack macrumors 6502

On Truck

Our for delivery...shipped yesterday. Should arrive about 2:30PM or so.

24. cwright macrumors 6502a

This is frustrating... I had my copy sent to my house, and I looked up the tracking number to see that while I'm sitting up here doing nothing at school, Fed Ex attempted to make a delivery, but needed a signature and no one was there to take it!

So now I hope that they attempt another delivery at 3:00 like I asked them too :)

25. ebally macrumors regular

Mine was shipped this morning, and according to TNT, it will be with me tomorrow! (Fingers crossed).