Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

512ke

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
I searched the forums but didn't find any postings about a small but annoying iCal problem I have. Whenever I enter a new calendar appointment item, the name of that item often reverts to "New Event" even after I've typed the correct name (for instance, "dinner w/ Jill"). It seems to be difficult for iCal to accept the name I choose. I have to re-open the event often and re-type the name, hitting "return" repeatedly to make the correct name "stick"... Anyone else having this problem? Or should I reinstall perhaps? Or is this a "live with it or use another program" kinda thing? Otherwise I'm extremely happy with iCal. Hope that makes sense!

Many thanks, 512ke

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
i haven't had this problem.... maybe repair permissions and try again?

512ke

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
Thanks, I'll try it.

It kinda surprised me to find a rather basic glitch when inputting items.

Probably some error or glitch on my end.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I also haven't seen it, in person or on Apple's site. In addition to repairing permissions, you might want to try removing (or moving to another folder so you can put them back if need be) /Users/youraccount/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iCal.*. Sometimes bad prefs files cause flaky behavior....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.