Anyone else have trouble staying logged in?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Josh, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

Even though I check "Remember Me," I've noticed I am logged out each time I visit the site.

Before the update, it kept me logged in whenever I visited.

Anyone else noticing this?

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Yes... according to other people on page 6/7 of this thread, they have experienced the same issue you describe. However, it seems to have resolved itself for them. I dunno, I'm guessing you've tried to empty your cache?

3. ohcrap macrumors 6502a

Yep. Each day I have to re-login and again tell Firefox to remember my password. Happens with Opera as well so the problem must not be on my end. :rolleyes:

Has been working fine today, though. Hope it stays that way.

4. Josh thread starter macrumors 68000

Josh

Yeah..I tried that (have done it several times now, since I noticed the same issue on my own forums and couldn't figure it out).

Thanks for the link.

5. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

It was bugging me for about a day or so, now it seems all fine, so who knows.

6. fayans macrumors 6502a

fayans

It happened to me twice yesterday till I hit Alt+⌘+E. It's fine today at least ;)

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

8. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I too was "forgotten" a couple of times yesterday, and had to log back in, but it seems OK now.

This happened about the same time as I lost all my Address Book data, Address Book was suddenly completely empty. I have now idea if I accidently deleted them myself (I was washing the screen and keyboard at the time) or if there was a hiccup that wiped the Address Book data, but combined with being booted out of MR i feared that OS X was on the brink of a severe system failure, and thus got a bit nervous, not to say on the verge of a complete breakdown...

But, since I had backup of my Address Book data, just a couple of days old, that was easy to restore, and reading about others also having trouble staying logged in at MR, I soon calmed down.

It's nasty when two similar, but really entirely unrelated, accidents happen at the same time.

9. Josh thread starter macrumors 68000

Josh

Yep - seems to be working for me too :)