Anyone else having this problem Mail.app?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LtRammstein, Feb 27, 2007.

1. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

For some reason, just recently Mail.app has been acting up. I put my Gmail account on it months ago. Whenever I open it, it works fine, but after a few minutes I have put in my password to Mail.app to store it... Again! It pops up like this periodically, but it's getting annoying because I check for it to remember it and it's not. Also, I'm also getting a weird warning on my inbox saying it couldn't connect to the Gmail server and what not. Closing the app and opening it again fixes the problem temporarily.

Anyone know of a permant fix to this problem?

Steve

2. uaaerospace macrumors 6502

I've had this (random prompting for password) happen a few times with my school email accounts, but not with gmail. I have attributed it to server problems, as both of my school accounts do it at the same time and my other accounts continue to function properly.

It's possibly something fishy with the gmail server. Does it do it all the time or just certain days? Does it do it with your other accounts or just gmail?

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I get this too, though not with GMail. I have no idea why it does it. Closing and reopening the app makes it work again, for a while at least. Usually, it's my .Mac email account that does this, though my other email accounts do this randomly too.

4. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

how often do you let mail.app check for new mails?

some server only allow a certain interval.

5. LtRammstein thread starter macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

It automatically checks for email, I'm assuming that the Mail.app is checking it when it gets a connection or when I'm at the computer...

I'm still investigating. I'm going to email the Gmail support about it.

Steve