Anyone else here think the new App Store on iOS 6 for the iPhone is horrible?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by ethana, Sep 19, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

The search in particular, with the cards, is just painful to scroll through. Each one you have to flick!

Any now we have Genius front and center, which I find to be worthless for the most part when it comes to apps.

Categories, with it's Top 100 (where I buy most of my apps) is now deeper within the app.

The scrolling horizontally on the Featured section is also awkward.

Anyone else agree? Disagree?

E

2. macrumors 65816

slffl

Nope. And the more I use it the more I love it.

3. macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

I can't stand it. Been using it for a week and I only hate it more each day ;(

Looks prettier. Functions crappier.

4. macrumors 68040

Oddly, I find the buttons at the bottom of the App store window move around all the time. The Update button is sometimes in the center, sometimes in a corner. Can't figure out a pattern but it definitely seems unfinished.
    Sometimes it'll update apps and then those never disappear until I force quit the app.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Totally agree.

6. macrumors 6502a

I don't even think it looks all that much better, but it certainly functions very poorly. I think it's about time Apple actually makes an appstore app and stops with the appstore webpage.

7. macrumors 604

mcdj

I can barely tell when an update button has been pressed. And I've noticed that if you update several apps at once, it hangs/freezes/can not connect to iTunes Store. Meh.

8. macrumors member

I like the new app store but it is very buggy for me. Updates show up before they are available and simply say open, buttons move around, etc.

9. macrumors regular

Generally I like the new app store, have had issues with it though. crashed once and on restart it reverted back to the old app store. I think i'd be annoyed by the card like display of search results. There should be an option for allowing you to list searches as well.

10. macrumors member

I miss the old App Store

I don't like the three columns under Charts. A lot of the titles aren't entirely visible because of the lack of character space. My biggest complaint so far is the ratings and reviews. You can't sort by current version or all versions like you could before. Or by most helpful/most critical. This was important to me. I'm trying to like it :eek:

11. macrumors newbie

If you hate the new appstore layout, you should wait until you see what they have in store for the entire UI redesign, should they ever decide to do it. :D Just sayin'

12. macrumors 6502

The App Store is atrocious. It took me forever to find an app through searching through the stupid cards because of the lag and constant force closings. The layout is just cumbersome.

13. macrumors 6502

it sucks ass

14. macrumors 68040

I agree with the OP. I hate scrolling the cards when searching, it's freaking slow and jerky.

Also the new layout of everything else sucks bad. It's like they designed it for a wider screen or landscape, but the iP5 screen will not be wider nor does the app store rotate into landscape. WTF!!!!

15. macrumors 6502

My thoughts exactly.

The App Store keeps FORCE CLOSING on me too. I can't browse without it crashing.

COME ON APPLE!!!!!

16. macrumors 601

The problem I have with this isn't that it's been changed and that it's just different, it's that scrolling through thousands of search results is just painful now. How about a toggle so that you can see cards OR a list?

17. macrumors regular

My store still has the top and bottom black bars, however the rest of the layout has reverted back to iOS 5.....WTF

18. macrumors 6502

WTF... It reverted to iOS 5? How'd you do that?

19. macrumors newbie

I miss the old app store.

This new one is a disaster.

20. macrumors 65816

Yes, the new App Store sucks balls. WTF did they do to it??? Totally unusable!!! Those big icons in "Charts" ruin everything for me. Why horizontal?!

It was a lot better in the previous version. These new icons sort of remind me of the redesigned Skype fiasco where they just didn't know how to space the contacts properly, and consequently there was too much space in-between contacts the same way as there is too much space in between app icons (and on top of that they are too big imo - check the Updates tab).

And why the hell does each app occupy the whole page when you search for each apps?

Guys, we should start complaining to Apple to bring the old design back... I mean, this new design is simply useless.

21. macrumors member

Just went to check it out after seeing this thread.

Damn thing crashed in under 40 seconds of use.

From what little I saw, the change is fine for the browsing section, however showing search results ONE BY ONE is so colossally stupid I don't have words.

EDIT: Oh my god, it's not asking for my Apple ID when updating free apps!

22. macrumors 6502a

Everytime I tap "top 25" it says can not connect to iTunes Store.

Supper. Fn. awesome.

23. macrumors 6502

How do we complain? How can we make our voices heard? This new App Store is simply frustrating and almost unusable -- it needs to be changed; be more simpler to use. I have no desire to browse through that cluster**** of an app store to download apps.

24. macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

So from reading everyone's comment. I think all they really need to change is instead of going Horizontal, since the iPhone is not wide, that they should bring it back to vertical. And maybe make the icon a little smaller, that would help see more real-estate.

25. macrumors 65816

I believe there's a page where you can send feedback to Apple.

Anyone?