Anyone else randomly see the speaker volume display on their iPhone 3G?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WilliamG, Jul 24, 2008.

1. macrumors 603

Twice since I got the phone two days ago, I'll be using it to text or for an an app, and the speaker volume overlay screen thingy will pop up just for a second and disappear, as if you'd pushed the volume button while on a call. If I push it at that point, it shows me the RINGER volume display changing, so it's not me pushing anything while not on a call...

I find it a little weird....

Am I alone? :eek:

2. macrumors 6502

3. macrumors 6502a

4. macrumors 6502a

zakatov

Happens to me once or twice a day, usually in the middle of Safari loading a page. I've reported it to Apple.

5. macrumors regular

Never, not once unless I physically toggle the silent/ringer switch

6. macrumors regular

Happened to me today whilst loading a page in safari. About 2 secs later it dumped me out to the home screen, and when I went back into safari, there was no record of the page I was browsing, so I figured it was a minor crash of sorts.

7. macrumors newbie

You're Not Alone In Universe!

I Specifically Googled "volume" "display" "safari" "iphone" Specifically To See If *i* Was Alone (or Crazy) But This Is No X-files Mystery, Just Typical Crappy Apple Coding!!! So Does Anyone Know How To Fix It???

8. macrumors demi-god

Same here, also browsing the web. Showed the incorrect volume, too.

9. macrumors newbie

Volume Icon Randomly Displays In Safari!

Yes, I get that too! If I'm surfing Safari on my iPhone 3G sometimes the Volume Icon (with bars) with RANDOMLY come on screen. I am POSITIVE(!!) that I did NOT touch the physical volume controls; also, other proof is that the Volume Icon does NOT say 'ringer' on it, which is what it would say if I PUSHED the volume buttons. What the #$&$^??

10. macrumors 68040

ntrigue

When this occurs the iPhone is resetting to half-volume! This has been an infuriating bug since 2.0.

Attached Files:

11. macrumors 6502

pol0001

Happend to me on my iPod Touch (2.0) a few times. :confused: I was holding the iPod in my hand and doing some web browsing or so and all of a sudden the speaker volume display would show up.

Hasn't happend on my iPhone, so far.

12. macrumors member

It freaking happens to me so after when i use safari or sometimes phone book... I guz it happens to ppl who use their phone functions fast... its still a bug ... !!!

13. macrumors 601

PNutts

14. macrumors newbie

So I get an even weirder issue - I'll turn on the phone with the top button and it'll seem like the ringer is stuck on louder so it's constantly showing up - I press the down button on the left but it continues to be going up all the way - the only way I fix it is restart the whole phone - then it goes away for a few days.

I'm taking it into the Genius Bar - hoping it'll get me a new phone :D

15. macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

Happened a couple times since I've owned the phone (July 25).

16. macrumors member

I've seen this!

Good to know I'm not crazy. I seriously thought I somehow fat-fingered the physical volume key when browsing in safari. Here's to hoping for a fix in 2.0.3.

17. macrumors regular

I've had this happen to me as well so you are not crazy;)

Here's to hoping there's a fix for this soon

18. macrumors 6502a

Yep - it's happened to me a few times. Not had 2.0.2 long enough to know if it's fixed though.

19. macrumors 6502

Nope, bug still there on my 2G with 2.0.2 update installed for almost 24 hours : (

20. macrumors member

csupinski

It almost always seems to happen in Safari to.

21. macrumors regular

bit_bucket

Ill add the me too, to this thread. It has happened to me with all iterations of 2.x including 2.0.2. I was beginning to wonder if I had a defective 3g but it clearly sounds like a software glitch.

22. macrumors member

b00st3d

happened while loading a page in safari...it proceeded to luck the phone up completely. i had to reset.

23. macrumors newbie

Bhavdeep

It also happens in my samsung mobile . what to do .