Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dafodeu

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
I recently got an iPhone 6s and it is so thin and beautiful i just can't put a case on it. I've tried a few cases and they just make it to bulky and add to much weight. It just feels so much better without protection. Anyone else refuse to put a case on their Iphone?

dafodeu

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
I have a thin Spigen case on mine that shows the beauty of the iPhone but adds basically no bulk. I have seen some iPhones without a case and they get scratched up.
Sure the part of the iPhone with a case is less likely to get scratched up, but you are covering that part of the iPhone up anyway. What is stopping me from not using a case and then if it gets scratched up a bit I can always cover it with a case.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
I recently got an iPhone 6s and it is so thin and beautiful i just can't put a case on it. I've tried a few cases and they just make it to bulky and add to much weight. It just feels so much better without protection. Anyone else refuse to put a case on their Iphone?

Plenty don't bother w/a case.

If you had spent a few minutes searching past threads, you'd know this.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
I get a new phone every year and have since he original iPhone. I've never put a case on any of them. If you treat them well, they wear better than phones with cases (the case gathers little bits of grit that create micro scratches under the case).

I can't imagine putting a case on this 6S Plus.

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
Every time I've used a case, my phone always ends up worse than if I hadn't bothered at all, even with regular cleaning. I haven't owned a case since the 4s, and thankfully, haven't cracked a single screen *touch wood*. My phones have had a few scratches here and there, but I don't really care. It's a phone - not an art piece.

Reactions: Bobby.e

dafodeu

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't use a case. Was a bit scared, but I think the small risk of damage to the phone is worth the comfort of not having a case.

Reactions: AleXXXa

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't use a case. Was a bit scared, but I think the small risk of damage to the phone is worth the comfort of not having a case.
Past the first year, minor scratches and knicks matter much less.

If you don't plan on selling your phone that is.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Didn't use a case with the original iPhone and iPhone 3GS. Started using cases with the iPhone 4 because the edges dug into my palms. Don't have a case for the 5c (backup phone) as that one felt really comfortable in-hand. Currently use a Speck CandyShell Grip on the iPhone 6. It's just too darned thin and slippery when bare.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
If I had a 6s or a 6? Yes, no case. I used to be that no-case guy. But I have a 6+ and live in the dry CA desert (no humidity). I cannot hold onto this phone without it slipping out of my hands. So I use a case, but I wish I didn't have to.

shftoptk

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2016
USA
I honestly don't care how beat up my phone gets as long as I have a perfect screen. I have only put screen protectors on my phones and just hope I don't break the screen. Luckily I have only broken one screen ever, and I didn't even drop the phone. It vibrated itself off the hood of my truck and onto the pavement. Apple gladly took my money in return for a new screen! It looked pretty funny actually, a beat up 6 plus with a perfect face to it.

Reactions: CYKBC and Cergman

cupiicakes

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2016
Arizona
i don't like cases, plus some cases i've had even damage phone with dust grinding holes into phone, i already ordered a dbrand wrap for se, be close to case-less i hope, tho i've also liked how cases like ghostek cloak looks, tho never tried, my old phone i just kept covered with that like special glass something protector layers

yep-sure

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
I didn't like to use cases on my iPhones until the 6 series. Prior to the 6, iPhones were durable and sturdy. Not to mention their excellent design was too great to hide under a case.

My 6 and 6S both felt like really slippery, delicate devices that need to be babied, so I use the Apple Leather case. It also covers the ugly back of the phone so it actually looks better in a case than without.

Edit: I also never use screen protectors. My screens have never been scratched, although the my 6S has this weird line between the glass and the screen. You can't feel that scratch on the surface. It's quite odd.

BentTable123

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2015
I use a case. For a $700 investment, $10 case is not too bad. I typically use a TPU case which protects the ports to some degree from dust. Normally dust isn't a concern but an older iphone 4 thought a headphone jack was plugged in when it wasnt and I couldn't make or receive phone calls/texts anymore. Also the 6S is too slippery and it drops all the time. TPU case protects the screen from most drop damage.

If iphones costed $200, i wouldn't use a case.

My my galaxy phone, i don't use a case and i hold it in my hand when running. Once fell when running quickly and the phone took the brunt of damage on concrete with the screen taking the hit. I got no damage other than small scratch on the side of the phone. No screen damage whatsoever.

johny328i

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2016
Bulgaria
I didn't like to use cases on my iPhones until the 6 series. Prior to the 6, iPhones were durable and sturdy. Not to mention their excellent design was too great to hide under a case.

My 6 and 6S both felt like really slippery, delicate devices that need to be babied, so I use the Apple Leather case. It also covers the ugly back of the phone so it actually looks better in a case than without.

Edit: I also never use screen protectors. My screens have never been scratched, although the my 6S has this weird line between the glass and the screen. You can't feel that scratch on the surface. It's quite odd.

Well, why did you buy it, when you think it's ugly in the first place?

Reactions: M. Gustave

Atomic Walrus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2012
Sure the part of the iPhone with a case is less likely to get scratched up, but you are covering that part of the iPhone up anyway. What is stopping me from not using a case and then if it gets scratched up a bit I can always cover it with a case.

Swappa/etc. resale value is a motivator for a lot of people. Buyers want to see a "mint" item with accessories.

Reactions: Max(IT)
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.