Anyone else stuck at work today???

Discussion in 'Community' started by Thirteenva, Nov 29, 2002.

1. Thirteenva macrumors 6502a

Anyone else stuck at work today???? Unfortunately my job thinks its silly to close the day after thanksgiving. Even though most people take the day off or just goof off all day.

I usually take off but i couldnt this year because of vacation time i'm taking for xmas....

So here i am stuck at work....

Well at least we're ordering pizza for lunch. :D

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Fire, medical, military, and & police are crucial to our safety & welfare. For others working today it should be voluntary. The morale of worker's should be taken into consideration.

Sorry to hear that your stuck at work, its no fun!

Glad your getting pizza for lunch, hope the company's paying.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Yes, but today is nothing more that the 29th of November over here.

4. AssassinOfGates macrumors 6502

Not stuck yet, but will be :(

I have to work at this lousy grocery store tonight in order to pay off my comp.

5. Thirteenva thread starter macrumors 6502a

The one thing my company does not do is take into consideration the moral of its employees. Hell they won't even loosen my shackles, and they're starting to hurt...

Nope company isn't paying for the pizza.

6. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

I saw too many peope working yesterday, let alone today. Did the record store really need to be open on Thanksgiving? I don't think so.
    I have today off so I shouldn't complain.

7. spinner macrumors regular

Stuck in hell...

I am stuck here at work too. Gateway thought it would be a big sales day...I am sorry to inform that it has been on of the SLOWEST days of all time. Aleast they bought us pizza!!! :D

8. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

my job gave us the day off, but amazingly enough a ton of people insisted on coming in, so they opened anyway. Luckily it's an office so it's optional. i didn't go, needless to say, it didn't fit in with my plans of getting up at 2PM. But i told family i had to work to avoid staying for the holidays ;)

pnw

9. iscripter macrumors member

iscripter

Me Too!

I was stuck at work yesterday and today, gotta make sure everybody gets thier newspapers. But at least I get paid regular pay + holiday pay$$$. So its not to bad.

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Glad to hear that at least you getting holiday pay. Thanks for the newspaper, its a tough job. Hope you get nice holiday tips! :)