Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuprUsrStan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
What if the "delay" was just to let Qualcom get their act together and have them release their new LTE chips? :rolleyes:

I can see it now.

iPhone 5 slips to Q1 2012 perhaps featuring the new gen of LTE chip"
*shock and awe*

Last edited by a moderator:

Muro

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2011
Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
How cool would it be if Apple started the Keynote giving us the iPhone 4S...so everyone is happy but disappointed because it's a "new" phone (A5 processor is the only change) but not the showstopper everyone believed would be unveiled, price is not revealed or storage capacity and release info will be given soon. Then Apple gives us the date for iOS 5 release we get cheers and applause. They move on to the iPod portion of the show, iPod classic is killed off, we get a bigger iPod nano and the "surprise" last announcement of iPod Touch 3g in black or white with 16gb, 32gb and 64gb storage. Everyone applauds and Tim Cook says "Oh and one more thing before we leave....." and BAM!!!! Steve Jobs walks out with the iPhone 5.

Nice idea at the end man, except for this....

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1218589/

Now if we were smartphone producers, I would sue your ass so hard it would feel like you were ******** whole Apple's.

(just joking)

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
How cool would it be if Apple started the Keynote giving us the iPhone 4S...so everyone is happy but disappointed because it's a "new" phone (A5 processor is the only change) but not the showstopper everyone believed would be unveiled, price is not revealed or storage capacity and release info will be given soon. Then Apple gives us the date for iOS 5 release we get cheers and applause. They move on to the iPod portion of the show, iPod classic is killed off, we get a bigger iPod nano and the "surprise" last announcement of iPod Touch 3g in black or white with 16gb, 32gb and 64gb storage. Everyone applauds and Tim Cook says "Oh and one more thing before we leave....." and BAM!!!! Steve Jobs walks out with the iPhone 5.

Woah. This would be the ultimate scenario! Heck if apple isn't planning to do this then I think they should scrap whatever they were planning to do and do it this way instead!!

Someone forward this post to Tim ASAP!!

Muro

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2011
Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
You would sue me and I would sue you and at the end we would sign a working agreement to sue the next person who uses that idea that way we both make money...

Cool...sounds fine by me. What if the event goes exactly as we have predicted, should we also sue Apple.

I only settle with an agreement in the form of a free iPhone 5 and I will drop all charges.

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Cool...sounds fine by me. What if the event goes exactly as we have predicted, should we also sue Apple.

I only settle with an agreement in the form of a free iPhone 5 and I will drop all charges.

That sounds good.....lol :)

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
Everyone applauds and Tim Cook says "Oh and one more thing before we leave....." and BAM!!!! Steve Jobs walks out with the iPhone 5.

As was mentioned in another thread suggesting the same idea, that would be a perfect way of showing that, even though he's no longer CEO, he's still the most important thing at Apple and that there's no way they'd manage to do anything once he's gone.

Jobs can walk out, smile for the camera, and congratulate Cook, but in no way should he come close to promoting any new technology.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.