Anyone else watch the Apprentice?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Neserk, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

And feel like throwing a brick through your tv set?

Can someone with Business experience *please* explain to me why you fire someone with consistently high performance just because she doesn't interview well? That just seems stupid. Especially when your other choices have been repeatedly noted for their lack of ability to lead!

2. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

I just can't BELIEVE how Omarosa behaves. Its like she is in a whole 'nother world. Did she used to work for Enron or something. Flat out LYING on national television? Come on.

3. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

4. gorman macrumors member

Well, it wasn't so much that she didn't answer the questions correctly in the interview, but that they found her very annoying. When it comes down to it, no matter how good someone may be, if they don't get along with the team, things won't run very smoothly. It's hard to be fully motivated when you're working with someone you find annoying or don't like, and that limits everyone's abilities. So in a way, it's probably better for Amy that she didn't get the job.

While I agree that Kawme has never shown strong leadership abilities, as he'll sit back a bit too much, I think Bill was probably the strongest leader there. Both of them share a lot of good qualities, such as professionalism, but Bill involves himself to a greater extent. I definitely think Bill is the most fitting for the job, but we'll see what happens next week!

5. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

That doesn't make sense to me. Obviously her fellow competitors wanted her because they were practically fighting for her. She obviously *is* a leader and she was well respected. This is seriously a case of having one set of standards for females "I didn't like her smile" and another set for males. Why didn't they ask about what they had actually done? Seems to me she showed quite well that she was a capable leader. People are just stupid. I've completely lost repect for Donald Duck after this. I didn't have an opinion one way or the other before but now I think he is an idiot.

... Bill who? Bill gets in because he is a white male, imo. No qualifications necessary. I'd didn't even know his name until last week. From what I can tell he just did nothing and didn't make waves. Not someone I'd want running my business.

6. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

No kidding... I've worked with and met many African-American women who were completely competent. Why put one who is like this on national tv? I'd swear she is an actor... can anyone actually be that stupid?

7. gorman macrumors member

Well, it was the employees in the Trump organization that found her annoying. Since they're going to be the ones working with whoever wins The Apprentice, it really does matter what they think. While her competitors obviously liked her a great deal, their opinions don't matter nearly as much at this point. They've developed social relationships with each other, which have clouded their judgments to a degree. I mean, look at the last few tasks, she really hasn't brought very much at all to the table. They won last week really based on luck and some guts on Nick's part. To sum it up though, every single exec at the Trump organization told Donald they didn't like her, and that's not something he can argue with very well.

As for Bill, he has been the most consistent player all throughout the show. He hasn't always been very flashy like Troy, but that's not a bad thing. His level of professionalism has always been very high, and I'd say he has a good mix of street and book smarts. The street smarts bit is really what separates Bill and Kawme, in my mind anyway. Bill has offered up quite a few unique ideas, and has always been very in charge, even when he hasn't been the project manager. A good example of that was when he managed the entire restaurant during the Planet Hollywood episode. It's worth mention that he started a very successful company on his own, whereas Kawme has always worked for another company.

8. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

Wow, randomly play the race card...just like Omorosa...I love how the only reason he made it is because he was white. You have no evidence to show that the show has been racially motivated and yet you immediately assume racism? Considering that the two fired were white too, don't you think if it was racially motivated they would have picked out Kwame earlier? You could have had two white mean, Nick AND Bill, but that didn't happen now did it. I doubt that Donald Trump has any reason to be racist. A guy like him will hire the best person regardless. White, black, man, woman, what does he care? All he needs is someone who can do the job.

9. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    My problem with Bill is that he is a weasel. He sews dissent. He's like that creepy guy at the water cooler who says "I don't care what everyone else says about you, you're a good guy." He's Lundberg from Office Space. A good chance he'll win.

Aimee wasn't bad but she couldn't handle the long haul. Actually her problem was that she was unable to justify her existence.

Kwame is good but a bit too much of a thinker. The best thing I think is to hire Kwame as the manager and Troy as his lieutenant. They fill in each others weaknesses.

10. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

Troy was by far my favorite, I really liked him. He was smart, funny, a genuine nice guy. A little rough around the edges maybe, but I like that. Better then the ever so refined Her Majesty Mrs. Omorosa Manigault-Stalworth

11. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

they really need to stress the fact she's a politician... not a business person.

that explains a lot of her incompetence... :D she apparently worked for clinton at the white house... and we all know how good clinton was at choosing his inter.., eh, staff. ;)

my money's on bill. he's the best of the bunch. no race explanation necessary.

12. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

i have to agree, bill has a good shot.

i was pissed amy didnt make the cut, but if someone doesnt interview well then it has to be a factor. I thinik the best thing for both herself and nick to have done and continue to do is be professional thorugh the last show, they may not get a job with trump but after this sort of exposure they can certainly try to parlay that into a better job elsewhere.

i have to wonder if omorosa wasnt "encouraged" by the producers to throw a wrench in kwame's plan.

-carly

13. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Nope, a federal employee from what i hear. Use to work Dept of Commerce after leaving the White House.

14. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

wow, and she couldnt work out a van transport?

15. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

I disagree. . . they were held to the same standards. and NONE of the women held up to those standards. They all were unproffesional . . . dressing in short short skirts and wearing clothes that would hardly be considered equivalent to men dressing in business suites. the only business the women were ever after was. . . well, ill just say standing on a corner. im not saying they are bad leaders, but if i had a company i would NOT want an employee of mine dressing in revealing clothing and flat out flirting to get something sold or get a deal signed.

I agree. . . kinda. . . Kwame i think stands a very good chance. If you paid attention to Mr. Trump's comments last night i would say he almost favors Kwame. BUT. . . I think Kwame messed up last night with Omorosa. Because of her HUGE blatent lie (and the resulting complications) I think Kwame should have fired her. Or if the rules forbid that then he should assign her to some remedial task and re-assign the task of getting everyon from the airport to someone else on his team. Something extreme like that (firing her or as close as he can) would get Trump's attention that he is a real leader and can handle problems effectivly. Unfortunatly I think he did not handle the problem well and it will cost him. I would rather see Kwame win, but the problems with Omorosa worry me.

16. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

LOL!!! if she wasnt 'encouraged' then i bet shell pull another big lie and say that she was encouraged!

17. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I can't believe that she would lie like that knowing cameras were on her.

18. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I love how she screws up and then has the nerve to lie and shift all the blame to Kwame.

19. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

wouldn't a real leader not hire an employee with "problems" to begin with? (esp. since they had spent considerable time before working together. so kwame knew what omorosa was like...)

i agree, omorosa should be "fired." but i still don't understand why kwame chose her to begin with. she wasn't the last one chosen either.

the whole ordeal with omorosa makes me wonder to what extent the TV edited stuff. i refuse to believe that a reality contestant would blatantly lie with the camera in the face.

i like troy and kwame. even if kwame doesn't win, i think those two should partner up and start something. they complement each other very well.

20. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Look at all these posts and you know the reason why Omorosa was in the show...it adds controversy which adds to the drama which gets people hooked into the show.

It would be boring if there wasn't some contention.

As for Amy? Who knows...there's so much of the show you don't see - we just get the edits. That whole thing about the perfect teeth was probably just left in because it was so ridiculous.

If she didn't interview well, then that's too bad. When it comes down to the final group like this, the other execs have to pick someone they can work with and get along with. All the talent in the world isn't a sure thing unless you're working for yourself. I'm sure a lot more was discussed and we're not seeing it. We might get some more of the interviews when they come out with the extended DVD set of the first season of the Apprentice :D

D

21. davecuse macrumors 6502

davecuse

The thing that cracks me up the most about Omarosa is the fact that she has brought out the issue of race in all these interviews she's been in. Then she comes back to the show and proves without a doubt that she's a totally incompetent liar, and her firing obviously had nothing to do with the color of her skin. "Oww, my head" 2 seconds later "oh you wanna play some basketball". I reference the case of "Liar Liar Pants On Fire"

Bill is clearly the strongest candidate, Kwame may pull out the W because I think his attitude is pretty good, and would compliment the Don well.

22. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

ha ha, no doubt. they already got those t-shirts and stuff. (i hadn't seen it advertised before yesterday but i've been following the show sporatically... was it new yesterday?)

these days, every show gets a DVD set... only one tempting me right now is the transformers one. ahh, nostalgia... :D

23. xhost_plus macrumors newbie

It actually does not surprise me, she will do anything to get ahead or make herself look good. I hope that Kwame does not take this lightly.

24. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    omarosa is a sociopath....no doubt.

in her 2 years at the white house she was moved to 4 different jobs because she was so disruptive.

that said...bill always looks like he's panicking, kwama is good and will probably win. amy has great ideas but needs polish. and nick is totally clueless-rarely have i seen someone so void of logical self-assessment.

25. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    I forgot about that. Now that you mention it, it makes sense. Amarosa really had a sense of aristocracy about her. Last night was a perfect example. Her "oh can't you do it?" was the perfect example. It's almost anti-Trump. Didn't the Don start out doing construction for his father? Even if he didn't I could easily see him getting his hands dirty.

And as for Clinton, didn't his interns work on his staff. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.