Anyone else's iMac just stop?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by wizwaz3, Apr 2, 2007.

1. wizwaz3 macrumors 6502a

wizwaz3

It's happened twice now, but sometimes my iMac will just stop being responsive. I can't figure out why. Anyone know? Anyone know how to prevent it?

Thanx in advance!

2. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

More information is required; start by explaining the events leading up to the 'stoppage'. Freeze-ups are very rare. That is more of a Windows concept.

3. wizwaz3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

wizwaz3

The first time I had just started using my mac, so there wasn't much on it. I think I was running maybe safari and iTunes. This time I was using iTunes, Safari and Frostwire. I was listening to preview clips on iTunes and I went to listen to one and when I double clicked, nothing happened. I restarted it numerous times and even unplugged it. When I would start up, the mouse would move, and the dock would magnify, but I couldn't click anything. Strangely, I started trying different keys and the keyboard was able to do things. (Very few since I'm still learning mac) Could it be my mouse? It's a bluetooth MM. I would't think so since it could move around...

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

This can happen to me when I launch Google Earth with too many apps open. I need to set it to use less of my RAM...

5. BilltheCat macrumors regular

BilltheCat

Have you upgraded your ram? it is very inexpensive just now. Might help!

6. maxrobertson macrumors 6502a

Yeah, that's a mouse problem.

I wouldn't know how to fix it though.

7. wizwaz3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

wizwaz3

Ok. Next time it happens, I'll see if pulling the batteries works. I'll post to let you know in case thats what does it for anyone else. :)