Anyone else's OSX, iPhoto, iTunes software update taking forever?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Paul S, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Paul S macrumors regular

Notice popped up the other day that updates were available for the above listed programs. So, I clicked update, and it downloaded the updates fine, but it stalls when it gets to installing the programs. It says "preparing to install" and the progress bar does not move.

I had it up like that for a day, with no progress. Anyone else having this same issue? The internet connection is fine, as I can access Safari, Mail, iTunes, etc. Thoughts?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Specifically, which part did it stall on? If it was iPhoto or iTunes, are either of them modded or not present in your Applications folder? Can you install the manual updates from Apple's site?

3. Paul S thread starter macrumors regular

It downloaded all of the updates (I think iTunes and iPhoto was about 20-30MB and OSX was 99MB). Then, it said "preparing to install" but never got past that.

I've done the updates on iTunes/iPhoto this exact same way before, and it worked fine (took about 20 minutes or so, I think). None of the programs are modded, and they show up in the application folder.

I haven't tried to install them manually from Apple's site, but I'll try that tonight.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, try installing the 10.4.9 OS combo update first because it'll more carefully check for missing some system components and update/replace where necessary. Unfortunately though, it's a much bigger download. Good luck. :)