Anyone ever apply for "the 2 offers" to claim their prize?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mac000, Jun 7, 2006.

1. mac000 macrumors 6502a

I always click on advertisements by accidents and am lead to a site where I can have a FREE XBOX360/iPOD/CELLPHONE/LAPTOP...

... Now does it really work, if i sign up for 2 offers will I really have a prize sent to me then? Has anyoen ever done this

2. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

I wouldn't bother. By the time you actually get to finishing all the "offers" (it's usually 6 or so, not 2), you've spent so much money on garbage you didn't want that it's cheaper and faster to just go buy whatever you were after in the first place.

3. Johnny Rico macrumors 6502

I seem to remember older offers like that (haven't clicked on a 'free ipod' gimmick in ages..) requring you to both sign up for and then be accepted for several credit cards. Also subscribing to magazines etc. Easier to get a job at a gas station for two weeks then quit when you get paid.

4. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    My wife went to do that once for me. She signed up for 3 credit cards and a ton of spam before she decided she didn't want to get involved in MLM diet products or get a new 3 year plan cell phone.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Yes it works, gets you banned on MacRumors. :D

Try it, we'll enjoy the show.

Have to watch out for a lot of those "free" offers these days -- the $5 30-90 trials quickly lead to $100 bills being slapped against your credit card -- and a long war trying to get the charges removed.

6. mac000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hahahaha... :)

so it is, nothing in America is free, just like my dad once told me! :cool: