Anyone ever got similar SPAM?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Tymmz, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

Just got that message:

Strange!

2. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

Yeah, for some reason a lot of spammers couldn't write their way out of a wet paper bag.

I'm an administrator on another message board, and it's basically my job to weed out all the spammers who register. They usually put some meaningless blather in their profiles, and it gives them away - so I delete their accounts. A lot of spammers come from .info domains too.

3. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

Yes, so annoying. In mail, I set up a rule that any mail containing symbol: should go directly in to junk mail box. It seems that all of those emails contain that word so its worked beautifully for me. :)

4. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

got some spam like this as well.

i just for fun checked out some of the stocks and i can tell you not a single one went up after the "recommendation".

it's usually penny stocks that they try to push and i had thought that at least sometimes the stocks would surge because already a few fools can move the stock prices of penny stocks. but those stocks seem to be absolutely utter crap.

5. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

I get so much spam, much of which looks like that, and it's ridiculous. Across my three main email accounts, I get approximately 400 spam emails a day -- maybe 300 of which are caught by my various spam filters.

My favorite ones appear to be randomly generated sentences selected from a database of verbs, nouns, adjectives, etc, so that grammatically they make sense, but logically are a complete failure. Here's an example from a recent one:

"When a parking lot goes to sleep, the power drill laughs out loud."

and

"A fruitcake beyond a bartender competes with the unstable polar bear."

Watch out for those unstable polar bears.

"When a hypnotic football team rejoices, a briar patch starts reminiscing about lost glory."

I'll get emails with several paragraphs full of nothing but sentences like those.

6. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    I was hoping for something new and original. Not the same old pump and dump.

Used Russian cars
    Heavy equipment
    Spam databases
    Time machine parts (offer to buy)
    English lessons
    Box lunches