Anyone ever had iPSP support problems?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thequicksilver, Oct 3, 2006.

1. thequicksilver macrumors 6502a

thequicksilver

I purchased an upgrade key for iPSP to get hold of the latest features in version 3.0. For whatever reason it wouldn't accept my key, so I emailed the developers as recommended on their support page, and haven't heard anything back. I'm left with an app that now doesn't work except in trial mode.

I sent them this email on 2nd September.

I recognise that it's a small company and that delays happen, but this is unacceptable. I'm not going to call them as they're based in the USA and I'm, well, not. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do, short of resending the email for the fourth time? Do the developers read this forum, by any chance? :)

Thanks.

2. thequicksilver thread starter macrumors 6502a

thequicksilver

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead despite the lack of initial response. Basically, the situation is the same - my key for iPSP now doesn't work with either the old version, or the new version I paid the upgrade fee for.

A glance on VersionTracker suggests I'm not the only one having this issue.

I've emailed the developers many times, most of the emails pleasant, but progressively getting more frustrated - I've been reasonable about it though.

Obviously I want to resolve this once and for all and would like them to get their arse in gear and sort this out.

Do any of you have experience with this kind of situation? If so, how did you go about trying to resolve it, and what happened? I'm trying to avoid the whole "do a blog entry and hope it gets dugg" thing because frankly it lacks class, maturity, and, simply, I absolutely despise digg. :)

My investment with them has been relatively moderate - US$30 or so - but it's more the principle of it. It was the first shareware product I'd bought in a long time, and to be stung with it is like this is very damaging.

Any advice appreciated - many thanks indeed.

3. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

MR users probably aren't responding because there isn't much we can do for you.

Do you have AIM or iChat? They do support over instant messaging. Info near the bottom of http://www.kaisakura.com/support.php.

You don't want to call them because of long-distance fees? Perhaps one of your friends or family has a good long distance plan... :eek:

Good luck.. iPSP looks like good software.