Anyone ever order from Mac Fanatic?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by PieMac, Jun 30, 2004.

1. PieMac macrumors 6502a

I came across this site yesterday and their prices are exceptional. Just wondering if anyone has had any first hand experience with ordering from them.

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I can't find the threads right now (at work, stuff to do), but this rings a bell. Search the forum for it.

My memory is that this is a scam. Please beware.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Checked out the prices. This is surely a scam. If it wasn't, you'd see a million posts here on how great it is to get such a huge discount.

I still can't find the appropriate threads (someone, I'm sure, can help here).

But do not buy from this place.

4. PieMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did a search but nothing came up...will try again. They say that they're a "family owned" business that's been in operation since 1997. Looks can be deceiving though...I do know this from experience (unfortunately).

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Check out this thread. It talks about Mac Fanatic, but you need to read into the thread quite a ways.

Edit:

start at the end of the thread and work back.

macfanaticshop.com is a scam. Confirmed. Also, a rip-off of macfanatic.com, which apparently doesn't do anything yet anyway.

6. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Smells like Mac Whiz....

:confused:

Check this thread. It will scare the hoozie out of you.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=41856&highlight=scam+mac

7. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

That's exactly who it is... I can't believe they can't nail this guy... Don't give him any of your hard earned cash !!! He's robbed enough people over the YEARS— that's right YEARS... It's a shame for the people who have been taken- Be careful people...

8. PieMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow...just finished reading the suggested thread. Just goes to show you...prices like that are almost always too good to be true. I can't believe how much this ******* has gotten away with. Check out this press release that I came across. He does everything to <i>appear</i> legit. Thanks everyone...what a great community!

9. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

DO NOT BUY FROM MAC FANATIC. IT IS A SCAM. IT IS THE SAME GUY FROM MAC WHIZ!