Anyone ever sell to iFixit?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by admanimal, Aug 16, 2006.

1. admanimal macrumors 68040

I'm just looking for any experiences anyone has had selling their laptop to iFixit. Did they give you the quoted price and how long did it take to get the check?

2. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

You ship them your product first then when they inspect it and then they send you a check, in my case it took about a week.

But they're great people I emailed a few times to check the status and they responded fairly promptly, don't worry about it though you'll be fine.

3. admanimal thread starter macrumors 68040

Thanks...I'm actually still waiting for a quote but them seem to pay pretty well, plus they cover shipping. Do they give any recommended packaging methods for people who don't have their laptop's original box?

4. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

i just sent a quote request for an old TIPB 800MHZ with 2 broken hinges and no hard drive...

will be interesting to see what they offer...

5. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

Electro funk, let me know how much they offer you. I may be sending in a tibook with hinges intact after the new macbooks come out

6. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

wow... more than happy with their offer! my TIPBG4 had been shipped to ifixit...

7. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Did you get your check and cash it yet? The bank hassled me about cashing mine because "it looked like an internet scam" and had no bank name on it, instead it says Wells Fargo.

8. plunar macrumors 6502

plunar

wells fargo is a bank.

wells fargo is a bank.

9. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Wells Fargo is the 2nd or 3rd largest bank in the US :rolleyes: I would be more concerned that your bank didnt realize this :D

Ed

10. vega07 macrumors 65816

haha, that's funny. which bank do you use isator? I'd switch if I were you. :rolleyes:

11. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

LOL I KNOW! I kept telling them that and they said, but there's no bank information on the bottom. Yet, I kept pointing out that the bank was Wells Fargo and the routing and account number were on that bottom part just like they are on every other check. The lady just kept asking me "what kind of check is this?" And I kept answering "A US Business check, can I please cash it".

I just don't understand, I mean I KNOW for a FACT that they are not a scam business, they are awesome.

EDIT: I'm not going to say the name of the bank. I don't want to give them a bad reputation...it could just be the teller, nothing to do with the bank. Maybe the lady was just new or something. I knew Wells Fargo was a bank, but there aren't any around here or even close I don't think.

12. macenforcer macrumors 65816

macenforcer

What was their offer?

13. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Isn't the bank responsible for training the employees? I'd say they deserve a bad reputation.

14. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Meh, I guess I'm stupid too. Until I got a few checks from people in California, I didn't realized that Wells Fargo offered regular banking either.

15. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

I sold my broken TiBook to them. Their offer was fair, and the service was great! I would definitely recommend them!

16. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

Are there any sights like that for PCs? I have an older laptop with some good parts, but I couldn't sell the whole thing on ebay and don't have the guts to take it apart myself.

17. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

Thank you for posting this thread. I have a mint condition Ti Gigabit PB which is now only used as an iTune radio juke box (I have too many laptop to use them all at one. I can use up to 3 at the same times). I will check out their bidding.