Anyone ever used my links?

Discussion in 'Community' started by stubeeef, Sep 5, 2005.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I keep a few links in my signature, and was recently doing a recheck to ensure they were all still valid.
    CAGW and The Charity Navigator are great sites btw, but I like all of them.

Has anyone ever even bothered to check them out? Not that you liked or appreciated them or not, but do you checkout links in signatures or profiles?

I know I do, and find them an interesting insight to the different people here.

I won't probably remove them either way, just curious.

2. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

I tend to ignore what is in most people's signatures, especially the excessively long sigs listing everything from hard drive capacity to type of 3rd party iPod headphones used. Although none here are as bad as one I encountered at another forum, where the sig took up literally half of Safari.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i haven't checked out yours specifically stubeeef, but now i probably will, i often wonder the same think, mine merely link to the blog where i post my recent poetry, and i wonder if any one reads it or what they think of it, as no comments are ever left.

4. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I have read some, I have also read wordmunger and mongothegeeks too, they had links to their blogs. I find it fascinating. A different side that always presented here.

5. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I do occasionally check the links in people's .sigs, though I haven't checked yours.

I can say for certain that I get many refers from MR forums, so the links definitely do some good.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I only really ever check the URLs in people's signatures if the person has made a particularly good post and I want to learn more about them.

7. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Even with the little posts I make around here, I find a decent amount of traffic going to my site due to my signature. So people do browse the sig links from time to time. :)

8. public enemy macrumors regular

public enemy

i dont, but specs of ones equipment do help when they do have a problem. but i haved had problems with some links with pop ups and just stupid websites. my twinkie quote is from ghostbusters- damn funny movie!

9. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

i agree, when someone makes a good post or a good few posts i tend to take a look and see if they have a site of a blog.

it's kinda weird, reading about someone elses life -- but it does put your own in perspective.

and although people may not always click on sig links, they're always useful. they tend to build up a name when people see them every day. hmm..maybe people should start selling sig space hehe :eek:

10. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    I ignore them for the most part. Like was said above, I'll occasionally check out a person's homepage if they make some insightful post or do something noticable, but I'm just as likely to get there from their profile as from their sig.