Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rickenbeatle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Junxion allows me to use my rock band drums in garageband, but there is one small problem. I also have the cymbals, but if you are familiar with the rock band drum set, the cymbals are technically the same as the pads. Apparently, there is a way to make the cymbals make a different sound from the pads, but I can't figure it out. This is just a shot in the dark that anyone on here would know anything about it. I am not even sure if I should be posting on this forum. I tried the rock band forum, but got no responses.

klsike

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
I think I also replied to you in the RB forums! Just wanted to chime in that I'm also looking for a solution to this problem. I have xbox 360 wireless RB3 drums working on a Macbook Pro running the latest Leopard. Drums are recognized no problem in various programs including Junxion, and the drum pads and bass pedal all work fine but each cymbal produces both a cymbal sound (e.g. closed hi-hat, which it shares with all other cymbals) AND whatever sound I've programmed for the drum pad sharing the cymbal color. So yellow cymbal > hi-hat + high tom, blue cymbal > hi-hat+ mid tom, etc.

If anyone has figured out how to get Junxion or any other Mac program compatible with Garageband to treat, for example BLUE hi-hat + mid-tom as its own unique ride sound, I'd really appreciate any info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.