Anyone familiar with the Mac Portable?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by 5300cs, Sep 26, 2005.

1. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

My Portable is DEAD. It worked when I first got it, but slowly, slowly started getting worse and worse. Like an old model T it used to take a few starts before it would run properly.

I pulled it out 2 days ago and it just refused to run. Upon trying to start it, it just went "pfft" very softly. Last night I tried again and I got the start up chime and it tried to start itself, but then it stopped, then started again, over and over again until I shut it off.

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Hate to sound snide but basically it's old and dead. Old age has killed your Mac Portable, there could be a myriad of things wrong with it but they're gonna be annoying to fix. Might be time to draw the curtains around the old dear.

3. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Used to have one myself... wish I still had it, and my old SE too, and my Powerbook 160

Good luck!

Woof, Woof – Dawg [​IMG]

5. macEfan macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    from the "poof" sound, it sounds like a blown capacitor.

6. 5300cs thread starter macrumors 68000

5300cs

It went like this for a bit when I tried it again the other day. Now it's completely dead I think.

I'm just going to put it back into the closet until I figure out what to do with it.

7. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

How did you get such a crisp, clear QT 7 icon to show? Maybe it wants an upgrade? :p

But seriously, the link is busted. :(