Anyone Fed-Up with this whole Xbox 360 thing?

Discussion in 'Games' started by doucy2, Nov 23, 2005.

1. doucy2 macrumors 65816

doucy2

if you ask my personal opinion the xbox 360 is BS

for one it is sell at 2x the retail price
    no one will want this rev A POS after x-mas
    i advise ppl to not waste you money on this buggy machine
    why would you spend $900 now when you can put that toward a new apple

so many ppl are gettign ripped off buying this thing and it driving me absolutly crazy
    anyone agree with me??

Micro$oft is the devil for releasing this

post your support or arguments

2. generik macrumors 601

generik

I agree, but just think of it this way.

Fool, money.. enough said.

3. davidcb13 macrumors member

No not really the only thing I find stupid is the people paying 900 for it on ebay....When if they wait 2 weeks they can get it for half that but hey its their money...

About the your half way to a apple statement... that is true but I would say im sure most of the people buying the 360 would not change their mind and get an apple.... An Xbox is for games and a mac isnt.... they are 2 toattly different things

Myself Im waiting for the PS3./

My advice to you.. Calm down why do you care how other people spend their money

4. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Why spend 900 bucks on and Xbox? You could buy some gnarly weed with that. Again 2 TOTALY different things.

5. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

with all the fuss about the xbox 360, with people paying $900+ for this system, and not to mention all the problems that this system seems to have (overheating, crashing...etc), i might just wait a few more months after all (although at this point, I dont think I have a choice...)

6. ksz macrumors 68000

I am genuinely interested in the Xbox 360 to serve as a media center that also happens to play hi-def games, but I will not pay one dollar above retail. I am very willing to wait until supply catches up with demand. Developers have not yet created games that exploit the potential of the 360, but once they do I think we may see some stunning stuff.

Sony's PS3 won't be available here until a few months after it ships in Japan, and it won't ship in Japan until 2nd half of 2006. Hence we might not see PS3s in store shelves until about this time next year, a whole year away. That might give Xbox developers a good headstart, but a PS3 with a 7-core Cell processor and Blu-Ray would be too juicy to pass up. As a media center controller feeding a home theater, it could be the perfect HTPC.

7. davidcb13 macrumors member

Are you trying to argue with me or back up my point?

8. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

I would say this is a completely pointless thread, and I'm trying to figure out why I even bothered typing a response.

9. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I'm backing you up, but I'm not agenst Doucy.

10. DrNeroCF macrumors 6502

People are stupid, that's just how life works. For 400 bucks you could buy a DS and like 20 games for it. For 900 you're halfway to affording a ps3... If people were smart though, they'd wait for Nintendo's next system, but alas...

11. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I just posted this in another thread, but it seems relevant here.

After playing the XBox 360 and seeing it in action playing Call of Duty...it is probably the most OVERRATED gift this season. My Power Mac plays Battlefront and Call of Duty with far more clarity than that piece of crap does...hell my POWERBOOK plays better. And with 18 games, I can't imagine what people are thinking right now. I'll admit, it's better than any console out there...but not by much. It's a glorified XBox, and when the PS3 comes...nobody will remember the XBox 360 for its graphics ability. Not to mention, I just can't get used to the controller after playing on a keyboard for so long. It is next to impossible to be a sniper with a console controller...far more accurate with the mouse, plus strategy games are non-existant for consoles these days....good ones anyway.

X-Box 360 is good as a console, but it's not that much better than X-Box...and sure as hell no better than my Power Mac. X-Box live on the other hand...

12. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

The 360 is just a fad, everyone goes crazy about the graphics, some game reviewers say that the graphics arent even good enough to call the 360 a "Next Gen" system. You can get better graphics on a pc. Personally im waiting for the Revolution And Xbox.

I get Playstation and Nintendo because they have lots of games avalible exclusively to their system. Most of Xboxes "Exclusive" games end up coming out for pc anyway.

13. Dane D. macrumors 6502a

A Fool and Money soon depart

Who cares what fools do with their money. It is another console that plays games. It isn't a computer, it's a toy. My bitch is all the free marketing MS gets with it. All the local TV morning news shows are playing it up but, FOX and Friends panned it as a overpriced video game device which is on the mark IMO. I don't own consoles and never will, the control device isn't a keyboard and mouse. Besides it is made by MS, enough said.

14. CalGrunt macrumors regular

Then those reviewers don't know squat. How can they possibly make a statement like that? There hasn't yet been any games developed that take full advantage of the console. What is a more true statement is that there are no games as of yet on the XBox that are good enough to call them "next generation". We'll have to wait and see what the game developers come up with to be able to pass judgement as to how good or bad the 360 really is.

15. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

It's getting press because it's new and it doesn't have to compete against the PS3 yet...they'll get a headstart on consoles (ie revenue). I saw it in target on an HDTV playing some game and it didn't look to impressive.

I remember that MS said that they would check whatever specs the PS3 had and trump them. By coming out first they'll get a good "kickstart" but PS3 will beat them hands down when they come out. It'll set records for "off season" buying.

I can't wait - saving my money for the PS3 - probably when it does it's 1st price drop from whatever price it comes out at. (ie a year or so) unless I come up with some good excuse for my wife....:D

16. Aarow macrumors 6502a

PLEASE, please stop writing Microsoft as Micro$oft.

17. generik macrumors 601

generik

To be quite honest a good Xbox 360 is only one with a mod chip inside. Microsoft thinks they can take control over your living room, I look forward to the day when their console is only good for running Linux in my living room :)

Tri-core processing power, hey, that's some good ****!

18. Bear macrumors G3

I'm fed up with seeing XBox threads posted in Mac specific forums.

19. Vster macrumors 6502

I think it's a great system. I got mine yesterday moring and it has been a blast playing it. I've been waiting to be able to play games that take full advantage of my HDTV.:D

On the other hand I see where the OP is coming from. IMO paying $900+ on eBay for the system seems rediculous, but people can spend their money the way they want. But I'm extremely happy with mine.

20. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Seriously. I used to work for Microsoft, and it REALLY pisses me off when people use pejoratives in place of their name.

21. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

no what i'm sick of hearing is all these people ranting about systems crashing. there are so few systems crashing and you know HALF of them are people who just hate microsoft and want to make things out to be worse than they are for the sake of it being microsoft.

the dreamcast AND PS2 and problems very similar to the xbox 360's bugs. those systems will be replaced and they'll work fine. i'm guessing that out of the 700,000 units shipped, less than 1% are affected by this. that's not too bad considering.. and you know what, it's probably closer to ~1000 units that have problems.

so, how about people just shut up about it and stop being jealous of people who have one? i don't have one, but from what i can see, microsoft has a nice system and i want one. oh, and i'm about the last person on earth who would like to give microsoft more money. but xbox live and a few games on the xbox make me very very interested.

PGR3 sounds awesome, i loved metropolis street racer on the dreamcast. kameo looks sweet (but can be gotten on the gamecube, maybe even the ps2).
    Prey looks bad as all get up, i'm anxious to see the former canceled pc game released. i just wish i could get a mouse and keyboard for the xbox 360 for the first person shooters.

oh and i wish i had a big HDTV to play it on... oh, if i could find one.

i just wish people would quit whining about it. new systems come out how often? once every 4 years or so, shut up and let them have their glory ok? you'll be the ones causing all the commotion when the revolution and ps3 come out, and they'll be thinking the same thing, 'will someone please shut these people up?'

so that said... just shut up and let them talk about it. it's something new, people are excited. in this day and age where we have soldiers dying in a desert, kids who are starving in africa, people dying in car accidents and of cancer and other diseases. why not just let people have their fun?

get over it. some people want an xbox 360. who cares what YOU would do with YOUR money. it's THEIR money to spend, if they want an xbox 360, let them have it. it's money. it's disposable. it was meant to be spent. we work hard to enjoy ourselves. who are you to tell someone how to spend their money. or what to talk about in an open forum.

argh. some people on here just irritate me with their constant whining.

22. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Why does anyone care if people like the XBox 360? Its someones decision to buy one. If someone likes video games, and wants to play them on an incredible game console, why would you care?

Its not over priced - in fact, its underpriced if Microsoft wanted to make a profit on the thing - they lose money for each unit they make! And $399 for three 3.0 GHz PowerPC processors, extreme graphics, a 20 gig hard drive, DVD player, video game player, wireless controller, wireless remote, HDTV cables and more is a great deal for the consumer.

the funny thing about this: Microsoft said the next time anyone will be able to buy one is most likely after Christmas, so...

It isn't waisting money... its spending money on something which will last at LEAST until 2009, which will be fun for that entire time period. And just because some people have had bugs, doesnt mean they all have bugs. Maybe 25% of them do, and those will be replaced by MS.

What the hell? One, its $299 and $399, a game making $359 and $459. Second, not everyone automatically wants a new Mac... and what a weird statement, too... you can put it towards a new apple... You can put that towards anything...

:rolleyes:

23. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Also, to anyone who does this, PLEASE stop writing Microsoft with stupid name changes that you think are funny... they really arent. Microsucks is not creative at all.

24. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

It's simple. Supply and demand.
    Low supply, high demand.. you can resell it for huge $.

If they wanna spend the huge amounts of cash for it, go nuts. It's not your money. :)

(ooo.. just wait until I'm your stockbroker.. YES!!)

25. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I think I'm gonna wait and see what games comes out for the PS3 before I decide to buy which system. Microsoft probably rushed out these 360s trying to capitalize on the holiday buying rush.