Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rebirth83

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Portland,Oregon
I wondering if anyone has found a good clear iPhone 7 Case that shows off the Jet Black iPhone that doesn't stick to the back?
I've gotten 2 cases so far. The first case stuck to back a little but the bumper didn't show off the edges and case got scratched up. http://www.case-mate.com/collections/iphone-7-plus-cases/products/naked-tough-clear-iphone-7-plus

2nd Case looked way better but stuck to the back alot and looks ugly. Plus the case seemed very cheaply made compare the first one.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0F1Z0V/ref=twister_B01JSZNXCE?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
The Spigen Liquid Crystal is what you're after.

It has tiny dots on the inside that prevents the sticking problem.

fraile

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2016
The Spigen Liquid Crystal is what you're after.

It has tiny dots on the inside that prevents the sticking problem.

I second this! They make a colour called "Space" specifically for the JB that looks so good.

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
Here you go... I have this case on my 7 Plus Jet Black, and it's great, with no ugly "water marking" problems on the back. The entire phone looks totally blacked out, with no ugly clear plastic edges like a lot of cases have. Fit is very good, as is button operation. It also has good grip, which the Spigen Neo Hybrid Crystal I own does not have. Only minor gripe is that the lightning port opening is a little small for anything besides an Apple cable. The case is only $10, from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Scratch-Resi...7619029&sr=8-5&keywords=iblason+iphone+7+plus

nmeed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2014
I'd love to hear about any hard all clear cases for the jet black as I hate the jelly ones.

nmeed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2014

Do you have one? If so, could you please upload a picture? Does the camera module make contact with the surface or is it thick enough it doesn't when the iPhone is laid on it's back? Also, is the top/bottom covered or are they open kind of like how the Apple silicone/leather ones are open at the bottom. Thanks!

chillenandy321

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
Orlando, Florida
Do you have one? If so, could you please upload a picture? Does the camera module make contact with the surface or is it thick enough it doesn't when the iPhone is laid on it's back? Also, is the top/bottom covered or are they open kind of like how the Apple silicone/leather ones are open at the bottom. Thanks!
Ill have to upload picture in a few. The case fits tight on phone. Its open on both ends. The camera is totally flush with case. They scratch pretty easy but for $1 not bad overall.
[doublepost=1477754592][/doublepost]New case from last night with scratches. Open on top and bottom of phone, but camera is flush with case.

Attachments

• 20161029_110825.jpg
    20161029_110825.jpg
    878.9 KB · Views: 815
Reactions: nmeed

nmeed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2014
Ill have to upload picture in a few. The case fits tight on phone. Its open on both ends. The camera is totally flush with case. They scratch pretty easy but for $1 not bad overall.
[doublepost=1477754592][/doublepost]New case from last night with scratches. Open on top and bottom of phone, but camera is flush with case.

Thanks! Man, if only the top/bottom were covered, it would be exactly what I am looking for. Is that Jet Black?

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Reactions: rebirth83

rebirth83

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Portland,Oregon
I ordered one of these. It may be what i've been waiting for. A tempered glass back, aluminum bumper with openings for signal attenuation. I hope they do it right. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Thanks for the heads up from bluerazr. I order the case too and I wanted to mention to you if you want the case without logos you should do put a comment on the above page. There making a small one time batch without all those ugly logos on it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.