Anyone finding printing to be slow using AEBS?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by daneoni, Mar 26, 2007.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

Mar 24, 2006
    I have my HP PSC 1215 printer to the AEBS and i'm using gimp drivers since default drivers won't work. However, i have recently noticed that printing is now REALLY slow. It takes about 5 minutes to print documents, it usually freezes at this for about 4 minutes sometimes double:

........before actual printing starts.

Is there a fix for this or its something i have to live with as a result of makeshift drivers?
  2. brbubba macrumors 6502

May 20, 2006
    I occasionally have the exact same problem. Doing direct IP printing to various HP printers is proving highly unreliable and sometimes freezes up the HP printer forcing a long wait or a restart. I am guessing this is just poor drivers or management on apple's side as I don't know what else to do except try to reinstall the printer from scratch.

EDIT: Maybe getting the latest HP drivers will help??? That seemed to temporarily solve my problem.
  3. mowenbrown macrumors newbie

Oct 6, 2005
    Yeah, it's about 5 minutes for me, becuase I have to walk to the office, unplug the base station, walk back to the PC, wait for it to finish rebooting, then print. I think this another case of apple getting ahead of itself; I gave up on the printer and the disk I plugged in instead works great.
  4. Dark Dragoon macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

Jul 28, 2006
    I get slowdowns occasionally. I have a HP 3210 printer, though I don't remember having the same problems with my older Epson.

Though a stranger problem that very occasionally happens to me, is when two people try to print at the same time. Both documents are printed overlapping each other on the same page. :confused: