Anyone get delivery of a Dual Tower wTi yet?

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by ray280, Apr 25, 2002.

1. ray280 macrumors newbie

Apr 25, 2002
    Madison Wisconsin
    I have been waiting for over a month for a dual 1ghz tower w/Ti chip. Retailer says Apple is no longer accepting orders, but will eventually fill those already placed.

Anybody here of any orders filled yet, or current shipment status???

I waited a year to make this decision, I don't want to wait until the G5's are out to get delivery!
  2. barvow macrumors member

Jan 31, 2002
    Fort Worth, TX
    I assume you're referring to the holdup due to the current unavailability of the Ti video card. I ordered a 933MHz with the Ti card and was given the choice before the end of March to receive the computer with the 4MX chip and Apple would send the Ti card when available at no extra charge. Lots of people who had ordered before about March 20th got the same offer. Did you? Anyway, I opted to get the computer with the MX card. It came right away.

Last night Apple sent me an email saying that they hadn't forgotten about me, and that the earliest they expected to have the new Ti cards was June. :(

Therefore, I assume nobody has them.
  3. Bradcoe macrumors regular

Apr 25, 2002
    Northeast U.S.
    Whose fault?

That sucks! Any ideas as to why? nVidia or Apples fault? There are Ti cards available for PC's right?
  4. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Nov 4, 2001
    The geforce 4 Ti is out for Windows machine but I am not sure if they are available yet.

5. me hate windows macrumors 6502

me hate windows

Jan 18, 2002
    they aren't, you still have to preorder them if you want one right when they come out.
  6. TypeR389 macrumors member

Apr 9, 2002
    I know a couple of people who have 4400 series in their PC's playing games on them right now...

and from checking looks like some 4600 are in stock for the according to their webpage at least...