Anyone get FF XII?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MUCKYFINGERS, Mar 27, 2006.

1. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

I got FF XII a few days ago for PS2. I haven't been able to play it much but I think it has a lot of potential to be a really good game. The intro is stunning... It really reminds me of a Lucas Arts production. I think the Japanese are taking back Star Wars (remember the Hidden Fortress???) lol.

2. MUCKYFINGERS thread starter macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

guess noone cares about Final Fantasy XII on this board:(

3. angelneo macrumors 68000

Give it a little time, it's about 4am in US time. Also I think you should have posted this in the game section. Anyway, I enjoyed FFVII and FFVIII but I don't have a PS2, so until PS3 comes out, I will be waiting to play the rest of the FF franchise.

4. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

Or it might have something to do with the fact it doesn't ship to North America until the fall.

I assume you imported it MUCKYFINGERS?

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I love Final Fantasy, but isn't XII the one entirely online? No thanks.

I did like XI though, or was it XI? I forget. It could have been FF X. There was also a sequel for the one I played where the girls from the first game are in the sequel, except they change clothes or something to change powers. It was stupid, but since my brother had an illegal copy on his modded PS2, I'm guessing he got it for free and didn't mind.

Anyway, I hope the FF games come back to Nintendo. Their new system is the one I'm going to buy. :)

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

X is the one you played and liked. X-2 is the sequel to that, with the girls and all that. XI is the online one. XII, which this thread is about, is a new single-player Final Fantasy.

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Pardon the ignorance. Carry on. :eek:

Hey wait a sec, what happened to the ones released on the GameCube? Did those count within the series and the numbering system?

8. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

Crystal Chronicles? nope. It's a spin off of the original series in the same sense as the Tactics games. It's more of a group dungeon crawler than a story based rpg.