Anyone get their iLife yet?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by raptorhigh, Jan 15, 2004.

1. raptorhigh macrumors member

Hey Guys,

I know a lot of people will be getting iLife tomorrow. But, I have heard a of few that had overnight shipping, with a 1/14 ship date.

Soooo....Has anyone gotten theirs yet? If so, fill us in. I can't believe I've actually gotten worked up about this release. But, I can't wait for GarageBand! Rock on dudes, rock on.

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Like I mentioned in this thread I will have to wait a couple of days more... :(

Anyone outside the US getting it on time?

3. freddy11 macrumors newbie

I just checked with fed ex, it still says it is in Oakland. We'll see how good fed ex is if it gets here tomorrow.

4. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

Mine says deliver by today at 4:30, but it is 4:40 already. It showed at 8:10 it was on the truck for delivery, then at 10:08 it said, "arrived at fed-ex facility". It has been in town since last night, so I have no idea what is going on. I am still hoping for today.

5. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Fed Ex is pretty swift. I was sick when my iBook was shipped so I was just sitting home rotting... I was disappointed because I saw that it was being shipped from Taiwan and I hadn't opted for 2nd day so I thought I'd be getting it in a week. Well Apple had my laptop backordered so they upgraded me to next day without telling me so I was pretty surprised when my laptop arrived at my doorstep the very next day.

I even double checked Fed Ex's delivery log online thinking maybe Taiwan was a city in Iowa or something, but nope.

6. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    well i got an email saying that mine shipped on the 14th but according to fedex it started shipping today. i better get it by tomorrow!

7. raptorhigh thread starter macrumors member

Mine shipped yesterday, 2nd day air (so I expect it here tomorrow). But, it started off in PA. Then, it was scanned in Baltimore (where I live), and now it's all the way out in NJ. So as we speak my copy is running away:D.

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Mine still ahsn't shipped :mad: Anyone use the edu discount and have it ship?

9. raptorhigh thread starter macrumors member

I used the EDU discount, and it shipped yesterday. It did just show up as shipped today though (not yesterday).

10. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

Yes, my order is an edu order. I just called fedex because mine was suppose to be delivered by 4:30/ They said they are running late, but that I will get it tonight. Well see, I am not holding my breath.

11. freddy11 macrumors newbie

I just checked again and mine is now in Minneapolis, so I should get it tomorrow. Anyone else order the keyboard for GarageBand? Apple says that won't ship until the 22nd.

12. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

NOOOOOOOOO!! I always have problems with fedex, minus my ibook which was delivered perfectly. I guess I am a little too far out, but they always miss my date, ilife tracking

13. Squire macrumors 68000

Squire

I'll be happy if I get mine within the next month! :( The damn thing isn't even on Apple Korea's online store yet. The crappy thing is that I have all of February off. That's a lot of time to be creative.

Squire

<edit: They must have updated their site in the last hour. It's there now...finally. Too bad it's not here, though.>

14. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

ALL of February off!! Come work for me and I will send you ilife 04!:D

15. Squire macrumors 68000

Squire

Yeah, vacation is definitely the biggest perk of my job. It's pretty hard to beat. I also had all of January off but decided to do optional work. Add all of July, August, half of December, and half of June to the mix and I don't really work very much. ;)

Which is exactly why I want iLife yesterday.

Squire

16. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Hmm, seems mine did in fact ship on Wednesday, I just didn't get an email about it. Figures :rolleyes:

17. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

Mine arrived!! It is at home, I will be leaving work in 30 minutes, yeahhh!!

18. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Mine was delivered by Volkswagen today. :D I still need to install it though.

19. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Got mine today! I played around with GarageBand a bit...seems pretty cool. I'm going to Radioshack tomorrow to get an adapter so I can plug my guitar into my Mac.

iDVD looks good...wish I had something worthy of burning to DVD so I could test it. :rolleyes:

20. bubbamac macrumors 6502

Got it today, and I'm not thrilled yet. iPhoto was faster, but I'm not sure it was that much faster.

I only fiddle with iMovie, and haven't tried it yet.

No DVD, so that's out...

Garageband, well, music isn't that big to me, but I thought it'd be neat. Well, it seems my hard drive (TiBook 667) is too slow. Great.

The jury's still out for me.