Anyone get their Targus Versavu replacement ?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by gowanis, Apr 15, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Still waiting on mine. They did say 6-8 weeks.. I guess it has been about 4. I think some other Targus replacements went out, but not the Versavu.

p.s. I'm hoping the long wait means they are fabricating new trays to properly fit the new iPad in addition to fixing the magnet problem.

2. macrumors regular

Waiting too, I do think they are asking there time with making the new ones. The rep actually made a point to mention hat the slim ships faster when all this began, so it does seem that our replacement will be entirely new stock.

3. macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

I'm still waiting too.

I noticed at the Best Buys, instead of recalling the ones there that do not work, they have stickers on the front and back of the packaging effectively removing the "Magnetic on/off" feature from the product presently in stores. No price drop, still at 60$.

Mike

4. macrumors member

I very nearly started this same thread.

I requested the replacement on March 26.

I sent an email requesting an update last week.

This was the reply...

----

"*Response Via Email 04/09/2012
    Dear *******,

Thank you for contacting Targus.

At this time we have started replacing some of the cases. However, there is a high demand for replacement cases and we are working to get you're replacement to you. At this time, we are still estimating the 6-8 week time line that you were previously advised of.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You,

Amanda Owen
    Targus Customer Supportat this time"

----

I'm impatient though...I need a case. Considering returning the "incompetent" versavue to BB, get my money back, buy another case...and when the replacement case comes I'll take the temporary case back. Win/win.

5. macrumors demi-goddess

Glad someone started this thread so I can obsessively check every day to see who has gotten their replacement :). I contacted them on March 21st so I still have 2 - 4 weeks left.

6. macrumors member

Just a bump to keep this thread on the radar.

Just until at least one person posts that they have received their replacement....then the rest of us will know that the time has come.

Side note: It is a wonderful case though...can't wait until I have a working one.

Till later peeps.

7. macrumors regular

I just hope they fix the typing position at the same time they fix the magnets. It is a great case but does not work well when in landscape mode in the typing position. It is always falling down and I've stopped using the case because I'm concerned about the long term damage to the iPad. Not to mention that it is frustrating to type on.

With all of the reviews of this case mentioning the problem I'm amazed that they have not yet addressed it. The issue really prevents it from being a 5 star case.

8. macrumors demi-goddess

I really like the Targus cases & appreciate that they have deepened the grooves to hold the iPad better. I'm looking forward to the replacement. I hope it gets here closer to the 4 week mark than the 6 week mark :)

9. macrumors regular

yeah soon I may just get another case, I have an incase dslr bag with a lost for original iPad. I sort of have to forget about our forthcoming versavu's because it's of course annoying to have to wait this long. But I appreciate them manufacturing new ones all the same

10. macrumors member

11. macrumors demi-goddess

I emailed Targus yesterday for a status & was told that while they still couldn't give a specific time for the replacement, they would still be in the original 6 - 8 week period. I got the impression it would definitely be closer to 8 weeks which means that I have 3 1/2 weeks to go.

12. macrumors regular

13. macrumors newbie

Targus Versavu Replacement

I ordered the Targus Versavu 360 case for the new ipad from Amazon.com 4/21/2012 & received the one without the magnet on/off. I called Targus USA and they told me to email them a copy of my receipt and my info. They created a case # for me and told me to KEEP the old case and I would be receiving a new one from them in 6 to 8 weeks. I have my fingers crossed.

14. macrumors demi-goddess

I believe that's the standard for this issue -- they will not only send you a replacement, they also do not want the old one back. I'm still using the old one & will give it to my husband for his iPad 2 when I get the replacement. Some are returning the old one after submitting their receipt & getting something else in the meantime.

15. macrumors newbie

I noticed that Targus , Amazon and Best Buy no longer say the Versavu will sleep with cover. Does this mean that Targus will
    Not replace it should I order one from Amazon and that feature does not work? I bought the incase revolution and it is very flimsy, especially considering it cost $70.00.

16. macrumors newbie

I would call Targus and ask customer support that question.

17. macrumors newbie

I've received mine!

I was told about this thread by a friend.

I actually received my case about 2 weeks after sending the fax to Targus.

I have to say that the case is identical and it works great. (you can actually feel some resistance when lifting the flap from the screen)

18. thread starter macrumors 6502

you got a Versavu replacement ? Or was it another Targus model ?

19. macrumors newbie

I got the same case,

The model number and style did not change.

It looks like the magnet position was changed only.

I was surprised when it came in, not sure if this helped but I included the case number, name and address on the fax that I sent to targus. (maybe that made it easier for them?)

----------

Versavu,

Sorry.

20. macrumors member

Good news from Targus on Facebook -

Versavu update: Containers are unpacked and replacements are going out this week! New versions will be online and on shelves in the coming weeks.

:)

21. macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Looking forward to my replacement. However, I am betting a measurable percentage of the replacements will not work reliably in regards to the magnetic on/off feature.

Mike

22. macrumors demi-goddess

I was coming to post that today is the 6 week mark for me so it does look like we should get the replacements before the 8th week is up.

23. macrumors regular

funny, i just spoke with a tarsus rep this morning and they said they received nothing...! Lol, I hope she's the wrong who's wrong as I'm approaching the end of my time frame. I had no idea they had a Facebook presence, gonna check it out!

24. macrumors demi-goddess

My replacement came today & it works perfectly. My husband is happy with the hand-me-down for his iPad 2 :).

25. thread starter macrumors 6502

is the plastic tray noticeably different ? did they tweak it to better fit the new iPad ?