Anyone Get thier new iBook yet?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by demonx, Nov 13, 2002.

1. demonx macrumors regular

Just curious if anyone got thiers yet, and about when they placed thier order?

How are you liking it, especially fellow new to the apple world users?:)

I placed my order last thursday, supposedly mine shipped on the 12th with second day freight, but im kind of doubghtful it will arrive tommrow, as it looks like it shipped out of Tawain or something.:(

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

ibook

i ordered mine on wednesday of last week at 8 am central i got it on mondy (11/11) the ibook is really sweet, i'm not gonna judge it until i get used to the osx and figure some basic tihngs out.

3. demonx thread starter macrumors regular

Cool
    Do you remember when it shipped out for ya?:)

May have to take a day off, but only if it will be here tommrow(which it should because I did 2 day shipping, and it shipped on the 12th) But I went to fedx.com and tracked it, and last scanned looked to be in Tawain somewhere:(

4. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

it shipped thursday

my ibook shipped thursday, it left from taiwan, i did free ground shipping and it took me like thursday-monday, I guess its cuz i ordered as early as possible. so thats like the morning of the third business day. don't watch the tracking too much, it only updates once a day i think

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Shafted in the UK

I ordered within an hour of release and if I'm luckt it might arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday next week. 13-14 days. What a pain. All due to alleged problems with flights. I am most unhappy :(

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Re: Shafted in the UK

I thought us british consumers were used to getting shafted :( Paying more and getting it after everyone else :rolleyes:

7. demonx thread starter macrumors regular

Arghh
    Called Fed-Ex one more day to wait:(
    My extra batter arrived today though:rolleyes:

8. ninjachild macrumors member

i just got mine and am typing this message on it,

its frickin ILL!!!!!

i am so excited

can't talk must go play

p.s. 32 meg video rocks

9. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

Ordered from ClubMac.com, got it next day

I just ordered my iBook 12.1" 800MHz w/Combo Drive from ClubMac.com on Monday, and got it the next day (granted, FedEx shipping was $45). I had originally put in an order on the Apple Store last Friday, but cancelled it after I realized that buying from a reseller like ClubMac.com or MacMall.com I got an even better deal than using Apple's Student Developer discount (when you factor in the $120 savings in sales tax and the 256MB extra RAM ClubMac threw in for $40).

As for my impressions, coming from the PC world:

The iBook is one SWEET machine. It's even smaller and lighter than I had expected, and it runs OSX 10.2 faaaaaast. Running Chimera 0.6, I can definitely say that my browsing is at least as fast as IE6 on my PC - except it looks 10x better, what with the font smoothing and all....

I'm serious, this is the best $1333 I ever spent. If you're thinking about buying one - I would recommend buying it RIGHT NOW! The sooner you buy it, the better value it'll be since they just upgraded the line, and the sooner you can enjoy it :D

10. diorio macrumors 6502a

11. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

12. demonx thread starter macrumors regular

FedEx just delivered:D
    One Word
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Off to play:D

13. ninjachild macrumors member

i got mine yesterday and i've been playing with it ever since,

its real neat, very speedy and responsive,

been playing with all the settings etc...

i LIKE the new video card, runs jedi knight II fine,

the 800 mhz isnt that big of a step but its plenty

all in all im very happy with my new ibook + ipod.

a great combo

14. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Damn You All

I just got off the phone to Apple. My iBook should arrive in Luxemburg (why?) this evening. So I might get it on Monday or Tuesday next week. I can't stand the wait :(