Anyone getting dressed up for halloween?

Discussion in 'Community' started by tpjunkie, Oct 31, 2003.

1. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Halloween parties are pretty big on my campus, and a lot of people dress up. I'm going as Wayne, from Wayne's World this year. Anyone else out there getting dressed up tonight, and if so, as what?

2. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

i am going to be rob from get fuzzy.
    i have a hat, i have a rugby shirt, i am all set.
    --carly

3. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

4. Jodge407 macrumors member

I'll be wearing the Leatherface mask with a bloody apron. I'm not goin to any parties though, I'll just be walking down my street scaring the **** out of people

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm just wearing my Panther dog tags with my Purina Pro T-Shirt.

6. Macco macrumors regular

I'm such a dork, I'm dressing up as a disaffected preppie. I go to private school, so most people can relate to that. At least, they could if they knew what the word "disaffected" means. Most thought that I was trying to say "disinfected." I wore a white collared shirt, but with some of the buttons undone, khaki shorts, and partially gelled back hair. And for that extra intellectual touch, I had a copy of Catcher in the Rye with me.

7. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

I am going to be a 'China National Space Administration Stunt Double'...

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I dressed up again... :eek: :D

Attached Files:

9. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

10. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

omg. I actually started laughing out loud at that one :) Someone photoshopped ya eh eye? :)

I went as various things, just so that I could collect candy....:) I took a garbage bag from one house, cut three holes in it and went as white trash :rolleyes: then i borrowed a like stew pot from a friend's house and went as you guessed it: a pothead...

i only went out for like 1.5 hrs cuz it was so dang cold (about 30s-40s)

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is super eyelikeart. Did you make that yourself?

12. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

that was one of the infamous photoshopped images if I do recall...

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Sounds like you have our cold weather tazo. Here in Boston it was in the 50's. It was the mildest Halloween in recent memory. According to the news there were a lot of parties out doors. Some were at the town common.

14. vniow macrumors G4

That costume is wrong on so many levels. I saw two of them when I went downtown last nite, ack!
    I dressed up in this Elvira-ish costume with spiderweb stockings and boots with 4-inch heels, the thing was pretty low cut so I had my bra sticking halfway out of the top.*giggle*

There were some crazy costumes downtown Santa Cruz last nite, my favorite was this one guy dressed up as a giant vagina, wacking people with a huge dildo with glitter all over it from my friend who was dressed up in this amazing Cinderella costume.

It was pretty cold though, there were a lot of girls (and some guys) wearing practically nothing and while they were cute, we'd call them cold instead of hot since it was like 50 degrees outside, brrrr....

15. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hehe...I love my baby costume...I got approached by a few random people for photos last night while perusing St. Charles Ave. :D

I didn't make it though, I bought it a few years ago & have been wearing it every halloween since.

so no photoshop there... ;)

scary...isn't it? :eek:

16. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Here's the best Halloween costume I saw this year: a weird alien bug. I spotted it at a local school's Halloween carnival. The bug's tongue is a big noisemaker (those things you see at birthday parties and on New Year's Eve) that unfurls.

Why do I think it is the best costume I saw this year? Because it's totally home-made and the head is made out of the packing material from an iMac box! I asked the lady about it and she told me she got the idea for the costume after she opened up her new iMac.

So now Apple is in the costume supply business, and we didn't even know it!

Attached Files:

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is a great find Doctor Q, thanks for posting. I'm awe inspired by the creativity of Mac people. Is that lady a professional costume designer? If not that looks very professionally done. I hope that she won the contest for best contume.

You should E.Mail that to Steve Jobs!

18. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Yah its a bit freaky...

But my question is how the hell do ya walk in the thing?

19. true777 macrumors 6502a

true777

Went to Steve Jobs' house for Halloween

For his first trick-or-treat Halloween I wanted to do something special for my child, so I took him to an expensive mansion neighborhood in Palo Alto. Some families had *live* ghosts/monsters hanging from trees in front of their mansions, sitting on their roofs, etc. Some opened in medieval costumes and porcelain masks. It was quite a production. There were hundreds, if not a thousand children in the beautiful neighborhood.

The gate of the Jobs' family's fairy tale house was open and spider-web decorated. I was amazing, unbelievable. They had set up a "spook path" winding through their whole yard with person-size bloody mosters hanging from bushes, a huge pinhead sitting on a chair, fog everywhere, spooky sounds, etc.

And at the end of the gorgeous path, there he was - Steve Jobs in person, smiling, in black turtleneck, PERSONALLY passing out an upscale treat bag with a health bar and Swiss Toblerone chocolate to each child. It was amazing, unreal. It showed just as much perfectionism as a Steve-note... beautiful, perfect.

Jobs' children and wife (presumably) were there with him. They exuded calm, happiness and beauty. It appears as though inmidst all his professional obligations, Steve Jobs manages to maintain a happy private life. It was obvious that giving to the kids was something he wanted to do, that was important to him and gave him joy. I thought it was a wonderful thing to do. I mean, how much is an hour of his time worth? And there he stood, passing out candy for 3 hours.

20. tpjunkie thread starter macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Thats pretty cool true777

Here we had a wild and rambuctious time, with most of the campus dressed up and partying....vniow, you don't know what cold is...it was 50 degrees and we were ecstatic...last year it was in the 20s and snowing for halloween here.

21. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

one foot in front of the other... ;)