anyone getting mail problems?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by forthebrave, Jan 26, 2006.

1. forthebrave macrumors regular

for some strange reason everytime I try to open my mail app. a window opens up telling me to re-enter my password. When I enter my password it rejects it. I tried on mac.com and iChat as well and I'm also rejected??? Is something wrong with the.mac server or something???

2. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

mail is funny. it acts up a lot for me too. some days it does that and other it doesn't. it also tells me that my messages cant be saved randomly in the middle of typing an email.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

So your .Mac password isn't working in Mail, iChat or the .Mac website? Can you access other features like your iDisk?

4. forthebrave thread starter macrumors regular

no I can't access iDisk either!! WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON!!?? It's like my whole .mac account got deleted or cancelled ???? I can't even go on to the APPLE DISCUSSIONS !!

5. forthebrave thread starter macrumors regular

do you think cookies is the problem? Should I delete these? I have no clue what's going on!

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I think you need to talk to Apple about this. I don't think it's an issue with your computer. Have you managed to try other computers? :)

7. forthebrave thread starter macrumors regular

does anybody know how something like this could happen? I live in japan now and because of the time difference Apple Care is closed! I need to access my e-mail!!

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It wouldn't have expired by any chance, would it? Otherwise, I really just think it's an Apple-side glitch. :eek:

9. forthebrave thread starter macrumors regular

funny, I called APPLE CARE and waited for like 20 minutes to talk to someone. I finally got to speak to somebody but he told me that all .mac issues can only be done by e-mail. But I don't have e-mail!!! So I had to make a hotmail account and send a mail to support telling them my problem??!! crazy! I'm wondering if my account expired, even though I never recieved any notices. If it has expired, why can I still view my Website that I made with iWeb ( .mac account )???

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, they'll generally tell you before it expires, plus your iWeb site would go down and you'd be greeted with the opportunity to renew your subscription in pretty much every facet of the OS that .Mac can reach.

That's poor form on Apple's behalf though. I'm genuinely surprised they're making you email them. :(

11. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

What about web-based access?
    Can you access your emails from the website?

12. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

Mail whilst a nice program, always crashes on me, and acts weirdly, I hope they update it for 10.5

13. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Mail acts weird for me sometimes too. It randomly asks me for my password. It's not really annoying, however... it's still a great working app. :)

14. forthebrave thread starter macrumors regular

my mac.account is back to normal, except for the fact that when I opened up my MAIL APP. ALL MY MAIL IN THE INBOX , SENT , AND TRASH HAD BEEN DELETED!!!?? I don't know what happened, but I be aware... something buggy in.mac accounts and mail.

15. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

I get this too - several times a day, every three weeks or so it asks for my password, but them it's fine for a while. odd :confused:

Overall though, I really like Mail. I have both my Hotmail and .mac accounts running through it, & it saves a lot of time to synchronise both at the same time.

16. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Is it still on the server? Can you still get it through the .Mac website? Is there a Mac folder with your .Mac username in your Mail folder, which can be found in your user Library? :)