Anyone getting Tiger Woods 07 for Wii?

Discussion in 'Games' started by bowens, Mar 8, 2007.

1. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

I have really been looking forward to this game. Golf is probably my favorite to play on Wii Sports since I do play golf in real life. TW 07 looks like a lot of fun. Instead of 9 holes of golf on Wii Sports we will have 324. I think I read somewhere that there are 18 courses on TW 07. The thing I thought Wii Sports was really missing was some kind of tournament. Even with 9 holes a tournament would have been awesome. I've never owned a TW game on a console before, but I have had a few on PC but this one looks great. I plan on picking this up next Thursday.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've never played a TW games before (short of a quick online game on the 360, what a strange way to play a golf game)... but I might get this. It will be the first EA game I've bought since Deluxe Paint if it's any good.

3. bowens thread starter macrumors 6502a

bowens

TW and NCAA football are about the only EA games that I play. You may think playing on a console is a weird way to play golf but when it costs $50 every time you go play at a course that console starts to look better.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'm not getting TW, i'm waiting for Super Swing Golf to be released in Europe.

5. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I'm getting TW. I tried it on my DS, but didn't spend the time to appreciate it.

I'd rather have Arnold Palmer Golf for the Wii. :) Sorry, reminiscing about my Genesis.

<]=)

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'll be skipping this...not too interested in golf games. It looks to be good though.

Bless

7. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

i'll probably get this so me and my dad can play it :D

8. Agilus macrumors regular

I had not been interested in golf video games until Wii Sports. I had a lot of fun playing the golf game with my friends back home over Christmas, so I may have to pick this up.

9. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I will most likely be picking this one up. I've read some things online that have said that it is just great as far as gameplay goes. My current favorite Wii Sport is golf, so I'm glad that a game with more depth is coming out. I passed on Super Swing Golf, but I don't think I'll be passing this one up.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I keep hearing this :)
    Even with me, the only console golf game I've properly enjoyed was Wii Sports. I had a short addiction to the DS Touch Golf game before Wii Sports, now it's just not the same :(

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Not a big sports game fan...but the Wii have shown me Madden can be fun! I doubt I'll buy it, but maybe a friend will pick it up so I can try it to see if I like it.

I wasn't very good at Wii Golf

12. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

13. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I've always liked golf video games better than actually golfing. :eek:

Prior the Wii and few golf games here and there, the only other sports title I really liked, was Tournament Cyberball. :)

<]=)

14. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

15. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

16. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Arg SB58 messed up a quote, so then JackAxe quoted him, quoting me it looked like I said what Sb58 said....then you guys went and did it 2 more times!!

I was so confused when I first read those posts!

17. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

confusing...

18. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

:D I thought you were refering to Madden. I should have read that once more.

<]=)

19. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

20. Agilus macrumors regular

I'm not a big sports game fan, either. Heck, I'm not even a sports fan (except basketball on occasion), unless I'm actually playing. However, I became interested in the Wii Madden game when I read the reviews and heard about the controls. I may not purchase it, but I've decided to at least give it a rent.

21. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

22. Agilus macrumors regular

Haha, it's crazy. Wii Sports Tennis is my favorite of the Wii Sports bunch, and that's what I spent most of my time playing after I got my Wii, so much so that I hadn't even tried the golf game. It was my friend who suggested playing golf, and that game was what made him decide he wanted a Wii.

After that, I thought, "Huh, I never knew he was a golfer. Learn something new every day." Then, when I asked him about it, I found out that he isn't into golfing. He was just liked the controls that much.

23. Agilus macrumors regular

That's surprising to me. I didn't see it in your Drought thread, so I thought it was coming out in the fall or something. :) Now I see that your Drought dates start in April.

24. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I'll be trading in my Tiger Woods Xbox 360 game to pick TW07 up for the Wii. This should be lots of fun (TW on the 360 was nice, but online play was really laggy so I haven't played it since the 2nd week after it was released (October I think).
    Can't wait for this one :)

25. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe