Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zaidat

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2015
Here is the Caudabe Veil XT. I also have a Tech Armor Ballistic glass screen protector.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 494

Aceroller

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2015
Here is the Caudabe Veil XT. I also have a Tech Armor Ballistic glass screen protector.

Just received my Caudable Veil this weekend and I absolutely love it. Adds no bulk, but it does add a little more texture so phone is not as slippery. Definitely not for drop protection though.

Samadd

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
Been using the iPhone 6s naked and quite admire it. Have been using it completely naked without screen protector or a case. I have a dedicated pocket and etc for it. Have minor scratches on the screen but that's okay since I by mistake I left my keys with my phone. Other than that going strong and looks brand new. And yes I did drop it just the other day at the theatres. Slipped out of my sweatpants and fell glass down on the floor. No scratch, dent nothing.

WC23

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2014
Dropped it on my fourth day of having it . Case was coming in the mail on monday and thought I could at least go naked with it on one day (sunday). Slipped out of my pocket while I was at the NBA game and now there's a little chip above the power button. Looks like I can never go nude again....

Anand953

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2015
Getting mine next week, was wondering if anyone is with me and going naked? ( No Cover/ Screen Protector) If so please do let me know how its holding up so far.

Much appreciated.
Am going to do the same.. Have bought a 6s plus 3 days back.. the phone is great to hold naked and has a premium feel to it.. I will try it for at least a month before deciding whether to put a case on it or not.. Personally I like my phones without case

Anand953

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2015
Been using the iPhone 6s naked and quite admire it. Have been using it completely naked without screen protector or a case. I have a dedicated pocket and etc for it. Have minor scratches on the screen but that's okay since I by mistake I left my keys with my phone. Other than that going strong and looks brand new. And yes I did drop it just the other day at the theatres. Slipped out of my sweatpants and fell glass down on the floor. No scratch, dent nothing.
There comes the side effects though ..

MrWazanskii

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2012
Norway & Sweden
I had an Apple leather case for my last years iPhone 6, but I think I'll go naked with the 6s+. I find it much grippier, maybe it has something to do with the different aluminum?

Last edited:

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Getting mine next week, was wondering if anyone is with me and going naked? ( No Cover/ Screen Protector) If so please do let me know how its holding up so far.

Much appreciated.
I strongly suggest to use a cover. The iPhone is prone to dents and scratches.
Screen protector is up to you: I use a glass one, but if you take care of your phone you could not use one.

No, and it won't unless you never drop it.
you can't be sure it won't happen one day. And one drop naked could be enough to ruin it (if not to break it).

dsh3

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2012
Denmark
Mine's naked and stays that way. Already got a very minor scratch on the rear right in the Apple logo, and bought the phone last Friday. Putting on a bulky case and a thick panzer on the front to protect the phone just ruins the whole premium feel for me.

EDIT: It is a 6S Plus 128GB Space Grey FWIW.

Pathfinder3

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2010
Okinawa, JP
I had a LifeProof case on my iPhone 4S when I was deployed to Afghanistan in 2012 as I didn't want any sand and dust getting into my device. Ever since I've returned all the way to this day I've been case-free. (Note 3, Note 4, Galaxy S6 edge, and iP6S all au naturale)

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I had an Apple leather case for my last years iPhone 6, but I think I'll go naked with the 6s+. I find it much grippier, maybe it has something to do with the different aluminum?
it seems absolutely identical to me ...

I had a LifeProof case on my iPhone 4S when I was deployed to Afghanistan in 2012 as I didn't want any sand and dust getting into my device. Ever since I've returned all the way to this day I've been case-free. (Note 3, Note 4, Galaxy S6 edge, and iP6S all au naturale)
maybe we met there .... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel2514

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2015
For now many people treat new iPhone 6s like a baby and a mouth later they will just throw their phone on their bed:D

enrincon89

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2014
The apple leather case is about as close to naked as it gets

How do you get micro scratches on it unless you at around a lot of sand. Not many minerals can scratch the sapphire only w couple
The iPhone doesn't have sapphire on the screen.

Reactions: dsh3

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
Has anyone here actually dropped their 6s? I wonder if the 7000 series Aluminum would hold up better or not for scratches and the like.

Samadd

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
Just an update; I have been using mine naked since I got it. I also bought the leather case, but don't really use it. Only at times if I'm going to a factory site that also only sometimes. I've dropped it thrice already, 2 were minor one was hardcore, fell from lap to a wooden floor. Got 2 very small chips but that's okay. Getting the 7 next year and giving this away. How are your phones holding up?

Anand953

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2015
I have my 6s plus space gray naked since I bought.. It's been 28 days as of today.. No plans of clothing it in near future..

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I really dont understand why people spend so much money on a phone and not want to protect it. Even if your not a clumsy person or never dropped a phone before there's a first time for everything. S**t happens. You just never know. I dont like cases either but I just get a clear thin silicon case to have some type of protection. I like to keep my phone is the most mint condition possible for either resale or trade in value.
It's more that the user has weighed the pros against the cons, and decided that the benefits of carrying your iPhone around naked outweighed the benefits of slotting it into a case.

I carried my 4s and 5s naked. The 5s ended up with a ton of scratches on the back and along the sides, but was otherwise fine. I didn't intend to sell my 5s and once you get over the initial heartache of experiencing your first scratch, you won't bat an eyelid at the subsequent ones. And I think my 5s actually looks quite rugged with all the scratches running across the back. I don't go out of my way to baby my 5s but I have't dropped it either.

At the same time, I enjoyed the feel of the metal body in my hands. I hated how even the slimmest case out there made the iPhone feel so intolerably thicker and bulkier, and it just "feels" different compared to the aluminium case. Yes, a case might have offered more protection, but then, I lose out on the enjoyment of using my phone the way I want to use it, and I feel that certainly counts for something, even if it cannot be quantified on a spreadsheet.

That said, I am currently using a spigen capsule case on my 6S+, if only for the protruding camera lens. I might eventually go back to not using a case, but simply haven't gotten around to considering this yet.

ultravisitor

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2015
Chicago, IL
Even if your not a clumsy person or never dropped a phone before there's a first time for everything. S**t happens.

There's this thing called "insurance".

And I have one of those super-thin cases like the Caudabe Veil. As thin as it is, I still don't like it, so I don't use it.

xsimplyjosh

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2015
I tested 6s plus.
With the 6s plus i like it without a case because of the nice feeling of aluminum....

but recently i bought a spigen liquid crystal and to my surprise it gives the phone abit more grip while adequate protection around sides. I never drop my phone as i always pay attention to it wherever i hold it. And never try to scroll n read while walking against/in a crowd of people.

But the dealbreaker was the protruding camera. With the liquid crystal i can still show phone design whilst protecting the csmera lens from contact the table when i place th phone down backside

Samadd

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
Hello all, was wondering if you guys can help me with finding the right case. Although it's been since the beginning I've been using my iPhone without a case , I've found it to be pretty slippery now in the cold days. Ive already dropped the phone quite a few times, just small scuffs and dents but that's no biggie. I currently own the leather and the silicon case from Apple and frankly don't like it. I think it adds bulk. I'm looking for something extremely thin, so I can feel my iPhone rather than the bulk.
[doublepost=1453626549][/doublepost]How has your phone holding up?

Anand953

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2015
Hello all, was wondering if you guys can help me with finding the right case. Although it's been since the beginning I've been using my iPhone without a case , I've found it to be pretty slippery now in the cold days. Ive already dropped the phone quite a few times, just small scuffs and dents but that's no biggie. I currently own the leather and the silicon case from Apple and frankly don't like it. I think it adds bulk. I'm looking for something extremely thin, so I can feel my iPhone rather than the bulk.
[doublepost=1453626549][/doublepost]How has your phone holding up?
If your only aim is to avoid slipperiness then go for the transparent ones available in the market..
bd3f56cc0310d2d20995f308c97a2456.jpg

This is something which use on my 6s+ and find it very useful.. Light weight plus you get the feel of the phone

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
If your only aim is to avoid slipperiness then go for the transparent ones available in the market..
bd3f56cc0310d2d20995f308c97a2456.jpg

This is something which use on my 6s+ and find it very useful.. Light weight plus you get the feel of the phone
Got one similar

Which made that one?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.