Anyone Going to CES 2006 Next Month?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ~Shard~, Dec 1, 2005.

1. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Just curious if any MacRumors members will be attending the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas during the first week of January. I'll be there, so it would definitely be cool to meet up with anyone who might be in attendance as well. Looks like there will be about 130,000 people there, so it should be an amazing time! :cool:

I haven't figured out what expos, keynotes, etc. I'll be hitting yet, but I plan on being on site for two full days for sure. I'm leaving on January 1st for Vegas, returning home on the 10th, and plan on filling up the rest of my time by hitting clubs, shows, just walking around, possibly driving out to Area 51 where my old manager used to work, and of course trying my luck at the blackjack and poker tables!

Should be a great trip - and it would definitely be cool to meet up at the trade shows or for drinks with fellow MacRumors members while I'm there!

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I might be going. If I see you, I'll stalk you. :D :eek:

CES is my kind of show. There'll be several vendors who'll be showing off the latest BD players. So I am looking forward to that the most, plus all the big screen HDTV displays, including that 100" whopper last year.

I'm not too fond of Vegas because I go there every year for NAB. :eek:

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

3. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

Thanks, sounds good, stalking is fun! ;) Geez, it is possible I might actually meet you in person? With the amount of people who will be there though, we'd have to pick a time and place to rendezvous. Or, as you say, you could just stalk me and I'd never know you were even there... :cool:

Very cool. Yes, I think there will a lot of cool stuff to see (and hopefully play with!) I haven't been to Vegas for a long time, so it'll be great to be back. But yah, year after year I could see where it could get a bit much. :cool:

4. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

Perhaps I asked the question a bit prematurely. ;)

As I said, if any MacRumors members are planning on attending, it would be cool to meet up at some point! Looks like it's going to be a great show... :cool:

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If it was a little bit closer I'd pop in just to see Lacero stalk you ~Shard~. :p

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

How will you recognize Shard?
    Unlike in the photo thread, In Las Vegas he's likely to keep his shirt on...

7. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Wouldn't matter, really. I'll just be on the lookout for his Zoolander Blue Steel expression. ;)

The man has only one look for Christ's sake! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! I love how these threads go off-topic.

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

8. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Oh, right. THe Good Cheekbones alert, that'll do it.

Hey, I've got good cheekbones too. Somewhere.

Visible at one time too, they were. Long ago.

Shared the same fate as my 6-pack. Went undercover.

;) :D

9. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

Well thanks mad jew, it's the thought that counts! ;)

Excellent points you guys! Yes, I will have my shirt on (unless I'm really drunk), but there is always that expression which gives me away, I suppose.. :rolleyes: :D

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Meh, I'd probably mistaken it for Magnum. :eek:

11. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

You'd be surprised how often that happens and I have to correct people. :cool:

12. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

Seems like Shard and Lasero are the ones cool enough to chill in Vegas. The rest of us don't have the social skills to leave our rooms. :p

I've never even gone farther west than San Antonio, and I don't think Vegas is quite my kinda place. So have fun guys (I mean, guy and gal)! ;)

13. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

Thanks. ;) If Lacero would reconsider her stalking plans for me, perhaps the two of us could meet up face to face... ;) :cool:

Yeah, it should be an amazing time. I've traveled all over the world, so it will be cool to hit not one, but two destinations in the US this time around, and both within the past 3 months! Variety is the spice of life... :cool: