Anyone going to Macworld Expo in Jan?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jaw04005, Dec 3, 2004.

1. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I was just curious, which members will be traveling to SF for Macworld. I'm debating if its worth the money, never been to Macworld or the west coast for that matter!

Josh

2. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

I might. But for me, it's just a bus ride across the San Francisco Bay Bridge. :D

3. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

I'll be there, as always. Of course, I live in San Francisco, so it's not too big of a trip ;).

4. atif.muhammad macrumors member

dont bother

go to WindowsExpo if they have one and kill Bill Gates if hes there!

5. nesbitt_a macrumors 6502

I'll be in San Francisco the week before MW05. At least that way I can be at home with my credit card poised for the latest Apple releases!

6. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

It'd be a pretty fun trip. Very cold (I believe), but pretty. But that's just the west coast. MacWorld SF should be a fun experience. If you go, you'll have a lot of fun!
    -Chase

7. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i'm going! and i am so excited! :D

last year i'd just gotten an expo pass, and had to watch the keynote by standing outside the exposition hall and looking over shoulders at a doorway into a booth where it was showing on a screen. needless to say, i didn't get to hear much. this year, i bought a package that will allow me entrance to the keynote an feature presentations. i'm taking 2 days off work to go this time, and i'm going through one of the power user tutorials too (well, it's on how to become a power user, since i' not one yet).

marianne

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I definitely won't be going. Have better use for my money at this point, a G5 that I'm saving to purchase. My wife and I would like to attend just once. Might be a real good chance to meet some of my fellow MacRumors members.

9. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Pretty hard for me ;) but like for a lot of mac-heads here, it's a goal to be there soon. MWSF 07 ?

10. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

I really wanna go too, would be nice to meet fellow MR members :)

However, justifying a flight from London and the high price for pass is a bit hard (especially as I've just bought an iMac G5 :D)

Still, I'll be in Paris for the Expo Keynote? Maybe we can get a MR-Euro meeting going on or something.. :cool:

/asif

11. zyuzin4 macrumors 6502

im just going for the exhibit hall only. got a free pass earlier. but I live an hour away so its not too bad

12. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i'm sure there are free exhibit hall passes all over the place, but i've got a code to use in case someone hasn't found one yet and wants to get into the exhibit hall at least for free (it's touted as a $40 value). i don't need it since i purchased a package that already includes the exhibit hall access. pm me if you need it.

marianne