Anyone Going to the Clarendon Apple Store Tonight?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mr. Anderson, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'll be there a little late for the line, 7ish.

Anyone else?

D

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I would if I could. :(

There's no Apple Store here, which sucks. I'll be looking forward to buying Panther this weekend though. :D

3. iGav macrumors G3

If I was in New Orleans with no Apple Store to speak of... I'd be off down the French Quarter for some fine beverages and music to help ease my pain... ;) :)

I know how you feel though.... I'm out of London till the end of next week visiting my mum, so I'll miss all the fun tonight.... and there ain't no French Quarter in Coventry..... :(

4. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, after seeing how this is going to be a very silly affair, with people already lining up, I'm thinking a 9 PM arrival would be more prudent ;)

Mobs of Apple Geeks are still mobs....I prefer to avoid the crush at the start and by 9 some people will have left...I hope

D

5. iGav macrumors G3

If it's cold in D.C. at the mo, maybe you should take your spiffy washing machine drum fire thing down to help them keep warm.... maybe re-attach the motor too for added value entertainment.... :eek: :p :p

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I may end up in the French Quarter again today if the fog lets up. It could pose for some intersting photos though. ;)

As for the crowds, I'd wait it out too. It gets nuts I hear. :eek:

7. iGav macrumors G3

it gets foggy in New orleans??? :confused: I thought it was like perma-humid all year round.... with lots of sun, except when hurricane season kicks in??

I love fog... especially when mountain biking at night.... I used to have a dual Nightsun set up (with the bottle battery), man it was the bomb at night, especially on single tracks!! :D

8. Iconocat macrumors member

I'll be at the Clarendon store tonight. Since it's my first ever 'event', I'd like to get there a bit early to enjoy the fesitivities of the environment. The weather is gorgeous and perfect today, and I like a bit of crispness in the air at night. This is my favourite time of the year in the area.

I'll have on my black shirt w/ the apple logo but that probably won't be visible w/ my jacket. I'll have my iPod headphones on of course (even if I'm not listening lol). Also, I'll have a big backpack for my purchases and also to carry all my stuff! I'll be bringing my digital camera, I hope to get some good pix. :)

Btw, I woke up 20 minutes earlier than usual this morning.. I'm pitiful I tell you, PITIFUL! Just glad I won't be the only pitiful person standing out there tonight. :)

9. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ha, the firebarrel would be fun, but hauling all the wood there wouldn't be ;)

Iconocat - I'm going to be there later, 9ish. If it was anything like the Panther event, it will be a mad house all night. Have fun waiting in line - hopefully there won't be one when I get there.

D

10. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

it does...but only when the atmosphere is acting goofy...

usually it's when there's a lot of humidity during the night...and the temp is up...when it should be down...

11. MrBubbles macrumors member

That sux. I'll be going there since the Tyson's Corner store is closed for now, and I want a t-shirt :) I was hoping to get in and out pretty quickly, though :(

12. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I got there at 10 PM and there was still a 30 minute wait outside in line :eek: :confused:

And then I finally get inside and there was a 30 minute wait to get checked out....all for some dog tags, blah. I'd have preferred the Panther Mouse pad. But I got a couple extra tags - any offers?

D ;)