anyone good with mini vMac for win xp?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Rhetro, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Rhetro macrumors newbie

Aug 12, 2006
    Well, I got mini vMac running with system 6.0.8.

All of this is to play Uninvited.

I downloaded the .sit file, decompressed it with aladin expander 5,
    and got the folder with Uninvited and all its contents.

now what do I do?

Thanks in advance.

2. FullmetalZ26 macrumors regular

Jun 12, 2006
    Did you decompress the .sit file outside of the emulator? If so, there's going to be a lot missing, as Classic OSes (9.x and below) used files that often had 2 halves: the resource and data forks. PC's ignore the resource fork, and most Windows decompression programs just throw away the extra information. It's been awhile since I've done any Mac Plus emulation, but grab a copy of HFVExplorer and make yourself a disk image with it (preferably an 800k disk image). Use HFVExplorer to drag the .sit file into the disk image, and allow it to decompress the files straight onto the image. When you drag the file to the image, it'll ask you if you want to decompress it. Load that image as a second floppy disk in vMac, and hope for the best.

You may need to mess with the image settings in HFVExplorer a bit, though-- I don't remember if vMac recognizes the default .hfv images it creates or not.
  3. Rhetro thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 12, 2006
    Thanks Fullmetal

I didn't decompress out of the emulator. Some of the other games came through, but Uninvited didn't. So I think I have the correct procedure.

But I'll try again and load it as an image in HFV.

I haven't tried tweaking the settings in HFV. This could do something.

Thanks for the tip!

4. chupathingy901 macrumors newbie

Nov 21, 2007

:eek:AHH I HAVE MINIVMAC BUT WHERE DO I GET UNINVITED TO RUN ON IT???? and when please tell me how to get it running! thanks. email: