Anyone got a spare Pepsi code?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Nermal, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm curious as to what would happen if someone outside the US enters a Pepsi code into iTunes. If anyone's got a spare code, I'll be happy to try it :)

2. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

19 views and no responses. Doesn't surprise me at all! ;)

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Attached Files:

4. janey macrumors 603

janey

You wont like this: http://tunerecycler.com/

hehe...found this on /. a few days ago.
    Bizarre idea, but hey its still cool
    (although the fact that people who hate the iTunes Music Store are running the website)

5. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I actually like the idea, but I bet the guy is just some shady nerd who's using this to collect, say, 5 million 'tunes.

6. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

don't you need an apple account to use iTMS?

perhaps they can check your residence through that?

perhaps not, i hear gift certificates can be used outside of the u.s., no?

7. janey macrumors 603

janey

first of all, only up to 200 songs can be redeemed per Apple ID.
    You can buy songs from the iTunes Music Store if you have a billing address in the US.
    I dunno about gift certificates, but iirc yeah they work overseas too. Unfortunately, you'll have to get a person in the US to send it to you, because you need to get it from the Apple retail stores or online, but they only ship to US addresses.

8. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

So you get an Apple ID for you, your kids (above 13, mind you!), your husband/wife, your brothers, your sisters, your cousins, your dog, your dustmites, and your textbook about multiple integration...Then download as much as you want! HAHA!

9. janey macrumors 603

janey

haha :)

That would be great.
    Right now though, i'm trying to convince my parents into buying a caseload of Pepsi or Sierra Mist.
    Only thing is it probably is cheaper just buying the songs from iTMS, because personally i like Coke more than Pepsi and I dont know how ill be able to stand drinking it...(btw i think they also have the promotion thing on specially marked cups at 7-11...so I could get coke and still get a game piece. Then again you can mail a sase to some address and they'll send you a game piece. That might actually be cheaper :) )
    Hrmm assuming a bottle of Pepsi is 50 cents (i wish :p ) if it takes 3 bottles to get one winning song thats $1.50 right there...plus around 60oz of Pepsi (i think)...yeah its definately worth it to just buy the songs. Of course now if i need somehting to drink, I'll make sure to go and get a bottle of Pepsi.

10. ebow macrumors 6502a

ebow

I can't even find a store that's selling the PepsiTunes bottles! :( I'm outside of Boston by only a few miles, not exactly the middle of nowhere. MarketBasket, Stop & Shop, and Target, all duds (just carrying regular bottles).

11. jaykk macrumors 6502a

I bought 2 pepsi and won 2 songs .. The bottles were showing long before the promotion started in Pittsburgh area.

12. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

I am yet to find a bottle in my area. Strangely, Sierra Mist (my only option since I quit caffine) is nowhere to be found at the local shell stations.

Be sure to beg all the non-iTuners for their caps, I will soon have them coming to me faster than I can use them!

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

So far I haven't even found a yellow cap Pepsi to purchase. That is my first goal!

14. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I found out about TuneRecycler shortly after posting this thread. I submitted it to MacBytes but it wasn't accepted. Doesn't surprise me really since TuneRecycler isn't exactly pro-iTMS.

Good luck everyone :)

15. crenz macrumors 6502a

crenz

Sigh... I wish Apple was this active with their marketing activities in Europe...

16. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

I think the promotion is definitely front-weighted. Either that or I am just very lucky. Out of the 10 bottles that I have purchased, 8 were winners. We got them here in NJ well before the promotion because there is a Pepsi Bottling factory right across the bridge in Philly. Hopefully I will have about 100 or so free songs by the end of the promotion.

Hickman

17. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

i still haven;'t found any either. kinda sucks. well, if i do, ill be sure to redeem them asap. me and my brother are having a contest to see who has more by promotion's end ;)

18. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

i havent seen any itunes pepsi bottles in buffalo... oh yeah... buffalo is always twelve years behind everything...