Anyone got Nortel VPN running on Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hStack, Jun 30, 2006.

1. hStack macrumors member

I installed Apani/Netlock Nortel Contivity VPN client on my Macbook, with the Tiger update. The software uses a browser as a GUI to the VPN client. When I enter the localhost port number the client uses to interface with the browser, the browser just responds with "cant find server". Currently the client is compiled for PPC only.

I have read that folks were able to use the Windows version of the client within the Parallel VM. I'm currently holding off on getting Parallel, so hopefully someone else got OS X PPC client running under Rosetta.

2. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

I had major difficulties with the web client based nortel VPN client. I fact I got so sick of it, I installed Parallels + windows xp just to run the nortel client + citrix client to access my company's website. It works pretty sweet for me... Let me know if you ever get the OSX version to work....

3. hStack thread starter macrumors member

After some digging around, I think I found what's wrong with the PPC client on the Intel Macs. At bootup the client tries to load a kernel extension, but it won't complete since the extension is PPC.

So until Apani comes out with a universal version, the only way to run the Nortel client with an Intel Mac is thru Parallel VM.

4. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

They have one now...

5. hitekalex macrumors 68000

hitekalex

Sorry to revive 1.5 year old thread.. but has anyone using this Apani OS-X client, and does it work with Leopard?

6. Araven-1 macrumors newbie