Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve-p

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Newbury, UK
I was streaming (lossless) music last night from iTunes on my MBP for the first time since upgrading to ML, and there were maybe three or four occasions over three hours where the audio dropped out for a second or so. I can honestly say this has never once happened before.

ATV is on the wired network but MBP was on N WiFi. While I know this could be a WiFi issue, streaming music is low bandwidth, signal strength is always full, there was nothing else happening on the network at the time, and it's never happened before. I was just curious if anyone else has seen anything similar with audio (or video). It's quite annoying when the audio cuts out and back in again when it's loud.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
I was streaming (lossless) music last night from iTunes on my MBP for the first time since upgrading to ML, and there were maybe three or four occasions over three hours where the audio dropped out for a second or so. I can honestly say this has never once happened before.

ATV is on the wired network but MBP was on N WiFi. While I know this could be a WiFi issue, streaming music is low bandwidth, signal strength is always full, there was nothing else happening on the network at the time, and it's never happened before. I was just curious if anyone else has seen anything similar with audio (or video). It's quite annoying when the audio cuts out and back in again when it's loud.

I was streaming last night to my Express, and iTunes crashed mid-play for the first time.

Orange Crane

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
OP I've been having that audio drop issue intermittently since about 2005, streaming to a variety of airport expresses, an apple tv, wireless and Ethernet, from iTunes on windows or Mac, from iPhones and an iPad. It is definitely an ongoing problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.