Anyone had delivery from Apple after 2 days?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by kerb, Aug 6, 2004.

1. kerb macrumors regular

On the TNT tracking info for my order that shipped yesterday from Eindhoven my order is out for delivery from Manchester.

It's for a 4G iPod and PowerBook.

I was expecting mega waits for the iPod, especially being in the UK, but I should have it all in my hands very soon! :eek: :D

anyone else had such quick delivery? all i hear are stories about weeks and weeks of waiting.

2. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

I bought a refurb powerbook on a wednesday and it was with me by friday morning!! thats less than 48 hours! In the UK! it came from eindhoven as well.
    impressive eh?!

3. ecche macrumors regular

I wish!! according to apple my pb was shipped on July 27th already, but it hasn't arrived here yet...

4. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

kerb, have you got your Powerbook and iPod yet? :confused:

5. ScotRobson macrumors 6502

my ipod came in 3 days, in the UK aswell so it is possible! :)

6. Lincoln macrumors regular

Lincoln

Quick build, slow delivery

I ordered a custom build Powerbook (1.5Ghz - 128MB VRAM, 5400RPM Disk, 1x 512MB DIMM) Wednsday lunchtime, by 3am the following day it was shipped. That's not bad as estimated build time was 3-5 days.

However according to the delivery status it has been picked up and is currently in "CNSHA02" whatever that means. There has been no change since then, so I don't know when it will arrive. Estimated shipping time is 3 to 7 (business days) so hopefully that means next week sometime.

7. apple2991 macrumors 6502

I have a question

I ordered a 4G 20gig iPod on Thursday night, and this morning, I went to apple.com, clicked on my order status. It had finally changed from "Open" to "Shipped". When I clicked on the FedEx tracking number, the page said this.

Aug 7, 2004
    8:40 pm
    Left FedEx Ramp*
    SHANGHAI CN*
    2:46 pm
    Left FedEx Origin Location*
    SHANGHAI CN*

2:46 pm
    Pickup status*
    SHANGHAI CN*
    Package received after FedEx cutoff time*

Also, I got 2 emails from apple. The first just said that my order had been shipped. The second, which came today, said "Your Apple Invoice number is..." and underneath that it said "Shipped from F/G Distribution Center, Elk Grove, CA".

Who do I believe??

8. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

9. kcourt macrumors member

When I ordered my 2.5 G5 on June 29, everything else came the next day. they had given me complimentary overnight free shipping. After all this time still waiting for the computer, so I haven't been able to use all of the other good stuff.......
    :(

Kathy

10. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

apple ships products they have in stock fast. the problem is they tend to announce high profile hardware months in advance, and then have glitches in production and component supply (mini ipod, dual 2.5ghs G5). when you order something more basic, you could have it as soon as the next day if they have a supply of them, i got my 933 G4 and 17" LCD in under 48 hours with BTO options. I picked up my powerbook in person, so that was like a 2 minute delivery time, way to go apple!

just dont expect recently announced hardware to be readily available the day it is announced, or for the next week or two (the 4G ipod is a different situation, many people don't want them, don't need them, or are happy with their current ipod, thus demand is pretty low).

11. Aoes macrumors newbie