Anyone happy with iOS7 on their iPad?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by iMas70, Sep 20, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

Just wondering if anyone is happy with iOS7 on their iPad? I think it's fine on my phone. Have been holding off updating the iPad.

2. macrumors 65816

nefan65

I have it on my iPad 4, and its fine. I ran into some lag on the wallpaper change, and did a reset. Its better now, so I guess that fixed it.

A co-worker has it on his 3, and he said its just "ok". Then again, I nicknamed him "Yabut". No matter how good something is, or works his first comment is "Ya, but...". So I take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

3. macrumors 68020

Since you asked a "yes" or "no" question, I'd say the answer is "yes, many people are".

4. macrumors 6502

Looks great. I think the theme works better on a larger device. Nothing much more to say.

5. macrumors 6502

Tikatika

Hated it on my iPad Mini, especially the chunky block of the dock! Went back to 6.1.3 and am thrilled I did. Will not be updating the iPad 3 and won't be getting the new models coming out because of iOS 7.

There is no right or wrong here. It is strictly a matter of personal taste ... beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

6. macrumors 6502

imlovinit

I'm loving it on my ipad. Not gonna update my phone though but for ipad I think it looks great. I feel the lag still with the wallpaper change but no biggie for me.

7. macrumors newbie

Im loving it on my ipad mini. Ios 6 already feels old, legacy. You should upgrade.

8. macrumors regular

Love it in on iPad 3 and iPhone 5.

9. macrumors newbie

I like it for the most part on my iPad 3, but did have to tweak a few accessibility options to make certain things more easy on the eyes. Also decided to ditch the native calendar and notes apps - not a fan of the new visuals on those. Otherwise I'm really happy with the rest of the changes.

10. macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

I do think it works nicely on an iPad2 though I do find a little lag. I turned off the parallax scrolling of the wallpaper since, with the iPad2 I reckoned the processor was struggling with the eye candy.

One feature that I like in iOS7 is the "just type into the url bar" on the browser when you want to search for stuff. Moving from two entry fields to one is great. I do find the moved Bookmarks button harder to get used to though. I keep tapping Share instead.

11. macrumors 6502a

CB1234

I updated on my iPad 2 couple of days ago - I haven't had any problems at all....

12. macrumors regular

I have it on my mini and it's fine. Quite enjoyable really.

13. macrumors 603

Fine on my iPad mini. Could definitely use some work in the performance and animations department.

14. macrumors 68000

I think it's much better on the iPad than the iPhone.

15. macrumors 6502

I am happy with it on my iPad 4. It's not perfect, but it's not nearly as bad on mine as some are reporting.

16. macrumors 601

Armen

it's a bit choppy at times on my ipad mini but I can wait for an update.

17. macrumors 68000

adder7712

My iPad 3 chugs along nicely with iOS 7. Though I can report some instances of lag.

18. macrumors member

No complains here on my iPad Mini. I made the font bold though.

I haven't updated my iPhone yet.

19. macrumors 6502a

chfilm

iPad 3 Feels completely unusable, because there's graphic bugs and laggy animations and crashes and non responsiveness in a way that I've never seen before on an iOS device..it's a mess!

20. macrumors member

Installed on iPad2 and iPad3 last night. They both work great, no lag or problems whatsoever.

Still trying really hard to like the new look, but I'll give it time before passing judgement.

21. macrumors 6502a

Love it on my iPad 4.

22. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hum... looks like a lot of positive responses. Lagging is one of the main problems that I read before. I'm going to miss the current style of the calendar. Hopefully they bring back that style with a new long. As others have mentioned in other threads, I like being able to look at the month and see what is going on each day without clicking on that day or turning it on it's side.

23. macrumors 68000

adder7712

How did you do that?

24. macrumors 6502

gomoq13

Very happy with it on my iPad 3.

25. macrumors newbie

Not happy on ipad 4, there are lags and the OS is not optimized for the ipad, I think (3x3 apps in a folder is a joke ...)