anyone has good knowledge with cellphones?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Shadowspirit6, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Shadowspirit6 macrumors regular

ok well, lets just say i dont really know anything about cell phones.. So can someone tell me what Bluetooth is and what its for? and For phones that have bluetooth, am i able to put songs on the phone that have Bluetooth or do i need a specific phone that has a Music Player or a memory card? and the last question, What did i need to put music/songs/mp3s on a phone?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Bluetooth is a wireless technology used to transfer data over relatively short distances (about 10 meters). For cell phones it is generally used to transfer contacts (and sometimes pictures or music) between a PC. You can also get a wireless Bluetooth headset for any Bluetooth capable phone.

It would help if we knew what provider you had because some tend to disable certain features. *cough* Verizon *cough*

3. Shadowspirit6 thread starter macrumors regular

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Bluetooth is a short range wireless communications protocol. It's principly used for sending files between devices, using wireless headsets / headphones, and synchronizing. It isn't really that closely connected to the issue of being able to play songs. For that you need a phone with that specific feature. Once you have such a phone, you can use Bluetooth (although it's fairly slow) or more likely a USB cable to transfer the songs.

EDIT: T-Mo does not typically disable anything.

5. Shadowspirit6 thread starter macrumors regular

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

you need a phone that plays mp3s....what model phone do you have?

7. Shadowspirit6 thread starter macrumors regular

well right now i have the samsung x475, but im thinking of changing it but i dont know what phone to get, i want a phone in which i can play tunes becuase after school i take the bus home, so it would be nice if i can listen it on the bus