Anyone have a BTO Mac Mini with a ship date earlier than 2/15?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Hodapp, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Hodapp macrumors 6502a

Hodapp

I ordered two Mac Minis a few days ago, and am rather disappointed by the estimated ship date of 2/15. I'm wondering if Apple is going to surprise me with an early shipment, and are just saying 3-4 weeks to cover their ass, or if it's really going to take that long.

Anyone else have an earlier ship date?

2. Zaty macrumors 65816

Mac Mini' s delivery date sliped to mid-February

I didn't order one but if you go to the Apple store, you will find that if you order a stock mini, you'll have to wait 3-4 weeks. Again, Apple seems to be unable to keep up with demand. That's bad because some potential buyers, i. e. switchers might change their mind because in the Wintel world you don't have to wait four weeks for a new PC.

Attached Files:

3. Hodapp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hodapp

Bah, I'm impatient. You are right about PC users though. I order through Dell's business side a lot, and they almost always have built to order PC's at your doorstep within 5 or so business days, and much less than that if you're just ordering a generic PC like the ones they advertise in magazines.

4. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Yes, but Dell doesn't have absolute chaos when a new product is released. I've never seen anyone get excited about a new Dell product or line. Apple is the complete opposite. The Mac Mini is 10x worse than your average Mac, because the PC people are buying them in addition to Mac addicts.

5. takao macrumors 68040

takao

mine says on or before 2/17

but stock machines have still the 29th here so it's not as bad with orders like in the US ...

i just saw that the money didn't went of my bank account on friday but today...my bank simply _had to be slow_ when i don't want it...so i guess it might be close with the 17th for shipping...

i really hope the guys who have the money now in their hands don't take too much brakes at the moment because ..i'll have much spare time in february ;)

6. Zaty macrumors 65816

I totally agree. Yet, we're used to extended waiting periods whereas PC users are not. So we can only hope that not too many potential buyers (I'm not talking about existing Mac users) change their mind. If Apple's intention to make many PC users buy a mini as an addition to their existing PCs is to be successful, they'll have to make sure the waiting period dosen't get any longer than it already is.

7. Zaty macrumors 65816

Sorry, takao but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I just checked the Swiss and the German stores and they both state "Estimated Ship 3-4 weeks". (The picture below was taken from the German store).

Attached Files:

8. takao macrumors 68040

takao

oh looks like they either received a lot of orders in the last 24 hours (since i checked the last time) or simply copied of the messeges from the US store after the weekend ;)

for the waiting period of a month: personally i have no problem with it.. in the next 2,5 weeks i have a 4 exams and work to do so i don't have much time anyways for hasseling around with getting a kvm switch/harddrive enclosure transfering files ,reconfiguring the home ethernet system etc.

i didn't threw away my old pc nor do i need the additional stuff so i'm fine at the moment

offtopic: transfering files..that gonna be adventerous ;) : this WD 20 gb HD sitting in the bookshelf here gonna be first connected to my pc,copied over some files which are still on it on my pc-hd..then fdsik/reformat..copied my files and the old files back on it ... take out of pc again put back in protection made of plastic...take the 2,5 hour train with the HD in my backpack then installing the HD at the PC at home for transfering the files via ethernet to my new mac ;)..i guess simply getting a external hard drive exclosure would be better but 50€ for both firewire and USB 2 is too much for me..i'm waiting for price drops

PS: after all the envious looks from my sister might be worth the additional waiting time ;)

9. Clinks macrumors newbie

Macmini BTO Shipping Dates

I ordered my BTO macmini from the online apple uk store, My estimated ship date given to me was 2/10/05!!

It cant come soon enough if you ask me

10. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I ordered a BTO 1.42GHz right after the Keynote speech and delivery is scheduled for 1/22.

EDIT: I haven't checked to see if the date got pushed back, but as of yesterday it still gave us a 1/22 delivery date. I ordered about 2 hours after the Mac mini appeared in the Apple store after MWSF, so I think I'm in the first batch.

11. skp574 macrumors 6502

Same here I ordered one on the 13th and it says it will ship on or before 10/2.

Can't wait! :D

12. mian macrumors member

I ordered the 1.25GHz, 512MB, Airport Extreme. Shipping still shows on or before 1/21 with delivery 1/22. :)