All iPads Anyone have an iPad and a Nabi?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tl01, Dec 9, 2012.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

Jun 20, 2010
    Has anyone used them both? I'm trying to figure it which would be better for a young child.
  2. MF878 macrumors regular

Jul 12, 2011
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I haven't used a Nabi, but while the tablet's design may be more kid friendly, I can't help but think that the content available will be sorely lacking in comparison to an iPad.

If you're wondering whether your kid may be too young for an iPad mini, I don't see how the age factor would be any different here. It's still a $200 device that's still perfectly capable of breaking. If it was my child, I'd get them a mini and take advantage of all the kid-friendly iOS content, but you may feel more comfortable spending $199 than $329 on a young child, and I can certainly align with that, especially if money is an issue for you like it is for many people at this time.

If you don't want to spend more than $200, I would probably be more inclined to look at the Kindle Fire HD, something closer to a true tablet whilst still retaining kid elements.
  3. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

Jun 20, 2010
    My kid already has an ipad 2 and we are getting rid of it for an ipad mini for Christmas bc I think the form factor will be better for him. I do wonder about the content on the Nabi. It seems like everyday the kid apps on the ipad are improving.