All iPads Anyone have an iPad and a Nabi?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tl01, Dec 9, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

Jun 20, 2010
    Has anyone used them both? I'm trying to figure it which would be better for a young child.
  2. macrumors regular

Jul 12, 2011
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I haven't used a Nabi, but while the tablet's design may be more kid friendly, I can't help but think that the content available will be sorely lacking in comparison to an iPad.

If you're wondering whether your kid may be too young for an iPad mini, I don't see how the age factor would be any different here. It's still a $200 device that's still perfectly capable of breaking. If it was my child, I'd get them a mini and take advantage of all the kid-friendly iOS content, but you may feel more comfortable spending $199 than $329 on a young child, and I can certainly align with that, especially if money is an issue for you like it is for many people at this time.

If you don't want to spend more than $200, I would probably be more inclined to look at the Kindle Fire HD, something closer to a true tablet whilst still retaining kid elements.
  3. thread starter macrumors 65816

Jun 20, 2010
    My kid already has an ipad 2 and we are getting rid of it for an ipad mini for Christmas bc I think the form factor will be better for him. I do wonder about the content on the Nabi. It seems like everyday the kid apps on the ipad are improving.